Tags: NEWS briefs, World
- World News Update. // Transmission & Distribution World;Jan99, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p6
Presents news briefs from around the world. Information on two British utilties that make a move into the United States; Details on a rural electrificat ion project inaugurated in Jakarta, Indonesia despite the Asian economic crisis; Contract between ANDE and Union Fenosa ACEX.
- WORLD NEWS UPDATE. // Transmission & Distribution World;Aug2000, Vol. 52 Issue 8, p6
Presents world news update as of August 2000. Planned merger between French conglomerate Vivendi Environmental and state-owned utility Electricite de France; Increase in shares of Red Electrica, Madrid, Spain; Acquisition of a percentage stake in the consulting and software houses of...
- International. // People Management;12/21/95, Vol. 1 Issue 25, p10
Presents various reports on the business sector around the world. Literacy skills of adults in some of the world's richest countries; Signing of a declaration by Unice promoting youth employment across the European Union; Strike of workers employed by Boeing to stop their jobs being exported to...
- MARKET MOVERS. // Emerging Markets Monitor;3/31/2003, Vol. 8 Issue 48, p1
Presents news briefs on the economy of some countries around the globe on March 31, 2003.
- INDUSTRY NEWS. // Emerging Markets Monitor;3/31/2003, Vol. 8 Issue 48, p4
Presents industry and business news around the globe on March 31, 2003.
- NEWS this week: Foreign. // Finance Week;8/9/2002, p7
Presents news briefs concerning international business developments as of August 9, 2002. Inclusion of World Bank loans for the year to June 30, 2002; Seasonally adjusted U.S. gross domestic product (GDP) for the second quarter of 2002; Estimated bad debt in Japan's financial institutions for...
- NEWS BRIEFS. // America;9/12/2011, Vol. 205 Issue 6, p8
The article offers world news briefs including an earthquake of 5.8 magnitude which struck Virginia, U.S., church leaders in southern India opposed the Kerala's liquor policy with a fast and the retired auxiliary bishop Peter A. Rosazza of Hartford, Connecticut warned of riots in an opinion piece.
- Untitled. RET // American Spectator;Dec93, Vol. 26 Issue 12, p8
Discusses events worldwide that happened for the month of October, 1993. President Bill Clinton's disastrous foreign policy; Attempted takeover of Russian Parliament; Interdiction of whale meat in Oslo, Norway; Nuclear bomb explosion in China; North Korea's nuclear programs; Fashion show in...
- Untitled. RET // American Spectator;Jan1994, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p8
Reports on news and developments around the world. Political activities of the Democratic Party; Computer virus infection of disks distributed by the Clinton Miracle Workers to the media containing the administration's health care bill; Article on London, England's `Sunday Telegraph'...