Country Risk Summary: LAOS
- Our last frontier. Hayes, Bronwen // Bulletin with Newsweek;11/1/94, Vol. 116 Issue 5944, p36
Reports on the opportunities to be found in Australia's huge offshore Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ). Australia's sovereign rights over the resources of the 200 nautical milewide EEZ; Opportunities for industry and the environment.
- Fisheries of the Exclusive Economic Zone Off Alaska; Groundfish of the Gulf of Alaska; Amendment 88; Correction. Doremus, Paul N. // Federal Register;6/26/2012, Vol. 77 Issue 123, p38013
A correction to the article "Fisheries of the Exclusive Economic Zone Off Alaska; Groundfish of the Gulf of Alaska; Amendment 88" published in the December 27, 2011 of the journal is presented.
- Through a Chinese Lens. // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Jun2010, Vol. 136 Issue 6, p83
In this article the author discusses the need of U.S. in assisting the smaller nations around South China Sea to assert their rights beyond their exclusive economic zones (EEZ) and resist the sea grab by China.
- Australia doubles. // Presidents & Prime Ministers;Mar/Apr95, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p31
Reports on Australia's declaration of an Exclusive Economic Zone. Extension of the coastline territory of Australia; Sovereign rights over resources of the seabed and subsoil.
- Progress Amid the Potholes. // Time;Oct1965, Vol. 86 Issue 14, p45
The article focuses on the economic progress and political stability in Laos. It states that the country, which depends on the economic aid of U.S., has conducted its fairest parliamentary election in July 1965, boosts its businesses, and ended political bickering of non-Communist as Rightist...
- Briefing: Peace, politics and petroleum in Somalia. Reitano, Tuesday; Shaw, Mark // African Affairs;Oct2013, Vol. 112 Issue 449, p666
The article focuses on the petroleum industry in Somalia and how it has impacted the country's political landscape and stability. The author discusses the history of oil in Somalia and the legal aspects of the country's oil exploration, explores how the militant terrorist group Al-Shabaab has...
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration. Thompson, Tracey L. // Federal Register;8/31/2012, Vol. 77 Issue 170, p53178
The article informs about a meeting of the Scallop Oversight Committee organized by the New England Fishery Management Council to be held on September 18, 2012 at New Bedford, Massachusetts to consider actions affecting New England fisheries in the exclusive economic zone (EEZ).
- BERMUDA PROTECTS ITS FISHERIES. Mazur, Mike // Sport Fishing;Jun2012, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p19
This article reports on Bermuda's decision not to license foreign vessels to fish commercially within its 200-mile exclusive economic zone.
- HOW WILL THE FUTURE FINANCIAL LANDFILL BE ESTABLISHED. // Opinion Piece in Macedonian Press;9/19/2014, p1
The article focuses on the views of professor Vanco Uzunov expressed in the newspaper "Utrinski vesnik" in which he comments that creation of a free economic zone will divide citizens of Macedonia into ordinary and super citizens.