Country Risk Summary:THAILAND
- S.E. Asia's market woes claim Thailand premier. Cohen, Yvan // Christian Science Monitor;11/4/97, Vol. 89 Issue 238, p8
States that the economic crisis in Southeast Asia in late 1997 has forced the resignation of Thai Prime Minister Yongchaiyudh Chavalit after only 11 months in office. How Chavalit is seen to embody the corruption partially responsible for Thailand's economic woes; Forecasts for the Thai...
- Corruption Tops Asian Concerns. Brandman, James // Global Finance;Jan2000, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p17
Discusses the concern of Asian countries on the issue of corruption that is hampering their economic recovery. Information on the percentage of Thailand's population that is worried about corruption; Details on the economic and political stability of the Philippines; Highlights on the debts of...
- Corruption and the Asian crisis. Brandon, John J. // Christian Science Monitor;7/28/99, Vol. 91 Issue 169, p11
Focuses on the corruption in Asian governments and its effect on the world economy. How corruption has been endemic in countries like Thailand and Indonesia; History of Asia's economy; Information from the International Country Risk Guide; How globalization adds new urgency to the corruption...
- A Downgrade For Growth In 2003. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Dec2002, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p4
Focuses on the agriculture sector of Thailand and its role in the country's economy. Percentage of labor force employed in the agriculture sector; Expected agriculture growth in 2002; Reason for decline in the agriculture growth in the third quarter of 2002.
- Thailand recovers. Shaw, David // European Rubber Journal;Sep2001, Vol. 183 Issue 9, p22
Deals with the economic recovery of Thailand. Performance of Japanese investments at the Polymer Park in Rayong province; Problems encountered by modern automotive supply chains; Information on the management of PI Industries and BST Elastomers.
- What Thailand needs... // European Rubber Journal;Sep2001, Vol. 183 Issue 9, p28
Focuses on the importance of education on the development of Thailand's industrial economy. Overview of the country's economic condition; Biggest recruiting problem of Thailand.
- Thailand. // Thailand Country Monitor;May2001, pN.PAG
Presents analyses, statistics and forecasts on the economy of Thailand as of May 2001.
- Thailand. // Thailand Country Monitor;Jun2001, pN.PAG
Presents analyses, statistics and forecasts on the economy of Thailand as of June 2001.
- Thailand. // Thailand Country Monitor;Jul2001, pN.PAG
Presents analyses, statistics and forecasts on the economy of Thailand as of July 2001.