Ruling Party Strengthens Its Grip
- Cambodia Deserves a Bright Future. Waters, M. Dane // Campaigns & Elections (1996);Oct/Nov2003, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p38
Presents an observation on the status of political campaigning in Cambodia, as of October 1, 2003. Recorded cases of politically motivated crimes and election law violations; Limitations in political campaigning in the country; Information on how the international political consulting community...
- Country Risk Summary: CAMBODIA. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Mar2003, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p8
Reports on political and economic condition of Cambodia as of March 2003. Demotion of Cambodian capital of Phnom Penh governor Chea Sophara to a position of ambassador to Myanmar after the anti-Thai rioting in the capital; Increase in textiles investment.
- Regional review: Cambodia. // Asian Business Review;Aug97, p12
Reports on the rescheduling of elections in Cambodia for May, 1998 following a state of political tension and instability that racked the nation in July, 1997. Brief summary of the political tension that happened in early July 1997.
- Democracy Under Threat. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 2;Apr2003, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p8
Reports on concerns over the political stability of Cambodia as of April 2003. Impact of the civil war in 1980s on the country; Risks to political stability provided by the Prime Minister Hun Sen; Impact of political instability on the country's industries.
- POLITICAL OVERVIEW. // Cambodia Country Review;2007, p7
The article presents a political outlook for Cambodia.
- Small country, big power games. Seper, Chris // Christian Science Monitor;7/21/98, Vol. 90 Issue 165, p1
Reports on the expectations of the July 26, 1998 election in Cambodia. History of the war-torn country; How Hun Sen grapples to stay in power; Economic dominance and support of China into Cambodia; Possible coalition between ousted co-premier Prince Norodom Ranariddh and Sam Rainsy with Sen;...
- Bullet vs. ballot. Whitelaw, Kevin // U.S. News & World Report;07/27/98, Vol. 125 Issue 4, p12
Discusses elections to be held in Cambodia in July 1998. Cambodian People's Party (CPP) which ousted its coalition partner, the Funcinpec party; The problem of weapons and violence; General lawlessness which prevails; Campaign of opposition candidate Sam Rainsy.
- Un truce endangers forests. // Earth Island Journal;Winter92/93, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p12
Reports that United Nations-brokered peace treaty that paved that way for national elections in Cambodia, has also triggered widespread logging, as four Cambodian political factions scramble to turn forests into personal fortunes in preparation for the political campaigning that lies ahead.
- CAMBODIA; RISK SUMMARY. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Jul2011, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p6
The article reports on the political, economic and business environment risks in Cambodia including the dispersal by the security forces of protestors in the Banteay Meanchey province in May 2011, the Cambodian government implementation of the newly revised property tax law that will reduce the...