A Downgrade For Growth In 2003
- Does A Long-Run Relationship Exist between Agriculture and Economic Growth in Thailand? Jatuporn, Chalermpon; Li-Hsien Chien; Sukprasert, Patana; Thaipakdee, Supaporn // International Journal of Economics & Finance;Aug2011, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p227
This empirical study investigates the causality between agriculture and economic growth in Thailand over the period of 1961 to 2009. A Granger causality approach and the Wald (Ï‡2) coefficient statistic are utilized to reveal a long-run causal relationship and impact transmission between the...
- Drought impacts Thai economy. // Market: Asia Pacific;Apr2005, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p6
Reports on the economic conditions in Thailand as of April 2005. Impact of drought on the agricultural sector in 2004; Decline in consumer spending in December 2004; Forecast for the labor market.
- ECONOMY. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Kingdom of Thailand;Oct2007, p5
The article discusses the economy of Thailand. An overview of economic equilibrium under the leadership of prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra from 2001 to 2006 is presented, including his effort to minimize export dependence and to manipulate its domestic consumption. The country's marketing...
- Asia: Thailand. // Handbook of Country Risk 2005-2006;2005, p263
The article focuses on the economic condition in Thailand as of January 2005. Tourism and agricultural industries have contributed to the economic development in the country. The country is reducing import quotas and replacing them with tariff quotas and customs duties in compliance with its...
- The Importance of the Food Industry to the Thai Economy. Lekuthai, Sunetra // ASEAN Economic Bulletin;Aug2007, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p238
The food industry has received discontinuous support from the government over the past decades. The contribution of the food industry in terms of increasing value added of agricultural products is often shed light, while studies on other aspects have been limited. This paper provides a sector...
- THE COMMON TOUCH. Schuman, Michael; Horn, Robert; Perrin, Andrew; Puntopruksa, Korakot // Time International (South Pacific Edition);2/7/2005, Issue 5, p26
The article presents information about the chances of Thailand's Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra to win a second term in the parliamentary election slated for February 6, 2005. Thaksin's economic policies are key to his electoral appeal. Designed to support farming and cottage industries and...
- Thailand's PP outlook improves on pay-outs to rice farmers. Soh, Angeline // ICIS Chemical Business;6/23/2014, Vol. 285 Issue 24, p18
The article discusses polypropylene (PP) demand and prices in Thailand in June 2014 on topics including the Thai Rice Exporters Association's rice export forecast, the demand for rice sacks, and domestic prices of PP flat yarn in rice sack production, and consumer confidence.
- Thailand recovers. Shaw, David // European Rubber Journal;Sep2001, Vol. 183 Issue 9, p22
Deals with the economic recovery of Thailand. Performance of Japanese investments at the Polymer Park in Rayong province; Problems encountered by modern automotive supply chains; Information on the management of PI Industries and BST Elastomers.
- What Thailand needs... // European Rubber Journal;Sep2001, Vol. 183 Issue 9, p28
Focuses on the importance of education on the development of Thailand's industrial economy. Overview of the country's economic condition; Biggest recruiting problem of Thailand.