Malaysia's Telecommunications Mess
- Deutsche departs Celcom to complete Malaysian shakeout. Colquhoun, Lachlan // Telecom Asia;Jul2003, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p15
Reports on the acquisition of the Deutsche Telecom stock in Celcom by Telekom Malaysia in Malaysia. Ranking of Telekom Malaysia in the mobile market; Factors influencing the merger activity in the telecommunication sector; Need for cellular operations in the national level.
- Motorola to expand Malaysian network. // RCR Wireless News;8/20/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 34, p16
Talks about the deal of Motorola Inc. with Telekom Malaysia to expand its network. Value of the deal.
- Khazanah Nasional Seeks Investment Deals in China. // EmergingMarketsNOW;5/15/2008, p6
The article reports that Khazanah Nasional Bhd is looking for investment deals in various economic sectors of China including environmental products and health care services. It states that Khazanah is a $25-billion investment fund of the Malaysian government and is having equity stakes worth...
- Islamic banks raise $60m for Malaysia. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;10/9/1998, Vol. 42 Issue 41, p4
Reports that a group of six banks, including two Gulf-based Islamic institutions, has put together a leasing facility for Malaysia's national telecommunications company, Telekom Malaysia Berhad (TMB). Information on the Islamic Ijara facility; Co-arrangers of the deal.
- Celcom to launch data network. // Telecom Asia;Oct95, Vol. 6 Issue 10, p16
Reports that Malaysia-based Cellular Communications Network Sdn Bhd has signed a contract with Datacraft Asia that will allow the operator to advance data services in Malaysia. Terms of agreement.
- Asian team-ups begin. // Telecommunications - International Edition;Aug97, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p24
Reports on the creation of Telekom Malaysia International from the joint venture of Thailand-based Samart Corp. and Telekom Malaysia.
- New briefs. // Telecom Asia;Jul95, Vol. 6 Issue 7, p14
Reports that Telekom Networks in Malaysia has contracted the services of Alcatel Alsthom. Provision and installation of a national GSM network and public switched data networks for Malawi, Malaysia; Cost of installation.
- Malaysia. // Telecom Asia;Nov97, Vol. 8 Issue 11, p11
Highlights Telekom Malaysia's plan to provide modern telecommunications systems in the remote Danum Valley via a very small aperture terminal (VSAT) system.
- TM aims to reach 1.3 million premises with HSBB network by end-2012. // Asia-Pacific Telecom;Apr2012, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p12
The article reports on the move by Malaysian fixed line operator Telekom Malaysia (TM) as of April 2012 to expand the reach of its in-deployment High Speed Broadband (HSBB) infrastructure to cover roughly 1.3 million premises by the end of the year.