- Happy Earth Day. Moline, Peg // Natural Health;Apr/May2010, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p10
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses an article "Hug a Tree, Hug Yourself," a book review by Lisa Fayne Cohen and other environmental issues.
- Global Environmental Snapshot. // Tanzania Country Review;2013, p180
The article focuses on global environmental challenges.
- Global Environmental Snapshot. Coleman, Denise Youngblood // Belgium Country Review;2013, p211
The article provides a global environmental overview based on regions including Africa, Asia and the Pacific and Central Asia.
- GLOSSARY. // Earth Negotiations Bulletin;9/22/2014, Vol. 20 Issue 38, p14
A glossary of jargon related to international environmentalism is presented.
- editor's note. Seideman, David // Audubon;May/Jun2005, Vol. 107 Issue 3, p4
Introduces a series of articles about environmentalism and other related topics.
- Learning to Live Without a Sea. Kozlova, Marina // Transitions Online;10/1/2006, p3
The article focuses on the efforts of the governments of Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan to restore and save the Aral Sea. While Kazakhstan is trying to refill part of the sea and partially restore its devastated ecology, Uzbekistan is learning to live without the sea by transforming its bed into a...
- Spatial theory in early conservation design: examples from Aldo Leopold's work. Janet Silbernagel // Landscape Ecology;Oct2003, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p635
Aldo Leoï¿½pold is well known in North America as a conservationist, author, and promoter of the Land Ethic. Although Leoï¿½pold's work is rarely included in the realm of landscape ecology, he left several illustrations of an early spatial theory for conservation. While European geographer...
- Varieties of ecological dialectics Simon, Thomas W. // Environmental Ethics;Fall1990, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p211
No abstract available.
- New Zealand's restoration ecology. Towns, David; Atkinson, Ian // New Scientist;4/20/91, Vol. 130 Issue 1765, p36
Reports on the restoration ecology program in New Zealand. Biological oddities in New Zealand; Factors attributed to the collapse of New Zealand's indigenous communities of plants and animals; Eradication of pests from islands; Focus on cost-efficient strategy of restoring whole communities;...