Plus �a Change &hellipi;
Tags: POLITICAL campaigns
- Big states, big contests: 2010 Senate map gears toward pricey campaigns. Blake, Aaron // Hill;6/5/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 65, p10
The article reports on the significance of the 2010 Senate campaign map to various states in the U.S.
- Electing a President. Greenberg, Glenn // Scholastic News -- Edition 3;2/9/2004, Vol. 60 Issue 15, p2
Reports on the race for presidential election in the U.S. as of February 9, 2004.
- Poor Turnout In Kosovan Elections. // Emerging Europe Monitor: South East Europe Monitor;Dec2002, Vol. 9 Issue 12, p1
Reports on the election results in Kosovo, Serbia for the province's local councils seats held on October 25, 2002. Percentage of voters participated in elections; Role played by the United Nation's administration in elections; Boycott of the earlier local elections by Serbs.
- Recent Action in the Congress. // Congressional Digest;Aug/Sep88, Vol. 67 Issue 8/9, p201
The high cost of Congressional elections and prominent role played by political action committees (PACs) led Congress to consider changes to the Federal campaign finance law. Discusses House action; Senate action on the `Senatorial Election Campaign Act of 1987.'
- Proposed `Senatorial Election Campaign Act.' // Congressional Digest;Aug/Sep88, Vol. 67 Issue 8/9, p199
Gives the text of the `Senatorial Election Campaign Act of 1987.'
- Political campaigns end with grace, in disgrace. Brady, James // Crain's New York Business;11/15/93, Vol. 9 Issue 46, p9
Opinion. Comments on political campaigns in the New York City. Transitoriness of a mayor's public tenure; Taking advantage of political opponents and the taxpayer; Campaign expenditures; Source of funds.
- Texas parties vie for family-values title. Pendleton, Scott // Christian Science Monitor;6/15/95, Vol. 87 Issue 140, p3
Reports the stressing on family values by the Democrats to grab votes in the 1996 elections in Texas. Allegation made by the Republicans.
- Wanted: responsible campaigning. // Christian Science Monitor;7/28/95, Vol. 87 Issue 170, p19
Opinion. Comments on the poster depicting members of Congress who voted against the GOP's `Contract With America'.
- British pols mimic high-gloss, low-blow of American politics. MacLeod, Alexander // Christian Science Monitor;1/13/97, Vol. 89 Issue 33, p1
Reports that British politicians are preparing for their first general election after a five-year period. Speculations that politicians in Britain are coping American politicians' style of campaigning; Strategies implemented by Prime Minister John Mayor, to project himself as a trustworthy leader.