Budget Cheer For Sri Lanka
- Country Risk Summary: SRI LANKA. // Asia Monitor: Indian Subcontinent Monitor;Jan2003, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p8
Discusses the economic and political conditions in Sri Lanka as of January 2003. Negotiation for peace between the Sri Lankan government and the Tamil rebel organization Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam; Announcement of budget for 2003 by Sri Lanka's finance minister K.N. Choksy; Reduction of...
- Political Conditions. // Sri Lanka Country Review;2010, p13
The article provides an overview of the political conditions of Sri Lanka, with details on the ruling coalitions of two major political parties which are the United National Party (UNP) and Sri Lanka Freedom Party (SLFP).
- Government Functions. // Sri Lanka Country Review;2010, p71
The article provides an overview of the government functions of Sri Lanka with details on its political parties, constitution, and judicial authority.
- Government Functions. // Sri Lanka Country Review;2013, p92
The article offers information on the government functions of Sri Lanka including its political parties, the introduction of its new constitution, and the amendment of the constitution to create an executive presidency which was later added with parliament and legislative powers.
- Political risk assessment in Sri Lanka. // Sri Lanka Economic Studies;2000, p82
Presents an overview of the political structure within Sri Lanka which offers business executives tools with which to evaluate strategic investments and entry alternatives into the area. Details of the government and political system that is in place; Major political parties; Military...
- POLITICAL CONDITIONS. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Democratic Socialist;August2005, p6
Provides information about the political conditions in Sri Lanka. Political parties; Levels of political violence; Terrorist activities.
- Government Structure. // Sri Lanka Country Review;2013, p94
The article offers information on the government structure of Sri Lanka including its legislative branch, administrative divisions and political parties.
- SRI LANKA: RISK SUMMARY. // Asia Monitor: South Asia Monitor;Jan2006, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p7
The article presents a risk assessment of the political, economic and business environment of Sri Lanka. In the deadliest spate of attacks since the 2002 ceasefire, six soldiers were killed by suspected Tamil Tiger rebels in Sri Lanka's war-torn north on December 4, 2005. Sri Lanka's short-term...
- Sri Lanka: Country Forecast: Comment & Analysis. // Political Risk Yearbook: Sri Lanka Country Report;2003, p11
Presents information on the political conditions of Sri Lanka. Conflict between the government and the separatist Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam; Leadership of Prime Minister Ranil Wickremasinghe; List of political parties.