PROFESSIONAL ORGANIZATIONS & RESOURCES
- RESOURCE GUIDE. // Gay & Lesbian Times;2/28/2008, Issue 1053, p29
The article presents several resources on the GLBT people including the American Veterans for Equal Rights (AVER), Bisexual Forum San Diego, and Humanist Association of San Diego.
- APTA Resources. // PT: Magazine of Physical Therapy;Sep2003, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p14
Highlights information resources for the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA). Features of the organization's Web site; Members inducted into the association; Conventions for the year hosted by APTA.
- Boost your magazine's intellectual capital. Graham, Anne // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;07/01/99, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p27
Highlights strategies for improving an association magazine's competitive position. Emergence of intellectual capital as a strategic resource; Capacity of association staffs to get inside the different association fields; Importance of building awareness on the concept of intellectual capital;...
- Membership gain of 109% earns chapter highest award. // Marketing News;4/18/1980, Vol. 13 Issue 21, p19
Reports on a Highest Honor received by the American Marketing Association (AMA) National Capital Chapter under the AMA Chapter Excellence Award program in Ottawa, Ontario from 1978 to 1979. Growth of the chapter membership during the period; Assistance of the chapter in the establishment of the...
- PROFESSIONAL ORGANIZATIONS AND RESOURCES. // Australia Career Guide;2005, p73
Presents a list of professional organizations and information resources in Australia. Australian Business Foundation; Australian Business Council; Association of Professional Engineers, Scientists and Managers Australia; "Business Review Weekly"; "Australian Business Opportunity Yearbook."
- Beyond the Information Audit: Checking the Health of an Organization's Information System. Dobson, Chris // Searcher;Jul/Aug2002, Vol. 10 Issue 7, p32
Focuses on checking the stability of an organization's information system. Issues in defining the goal for the checkup; Techniques for conducting a checkup; Components of the Request for Proposal presented to consultants who would conduct information checkups.
- Searches can show how much prior information we've lost. Davison, Peter S. // Information World Review;Feb2002, Issue 177, p11
Talks about the quality of information search tools in retrieving information for science and technology sources. Causes of loss of prior knowledge of inventions; Function of the Science Documentation Centre.
- Are We There Yet? Skillman, Juanita M. // Information Management Journal;May/Jun2003 Supplement, Vol. 37, p1
Provides information on ARMA International, a record and information management organization. Mission of the organization; Vision and values of the association.
- ARMA Education News. // Information Management Journal;May/Jun2003 Supplement, Vol. 37, p4
Introduces information resources on education from ARMA International as of May 2, 2003. Details on ARMA educational audioconferences or webinars; Modules that are available at the ARMA Inter-national's Privacy Basics Exposure Series.