A Drive To Expand Power Supplies
- Electron watching. Russell, Eric // International Power Generation;Sep2001, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p30
Reports the establishment of the condition monitoring of mechanical parameters in power generating plant in Great Britain. Detection of partial discharges; Tool to reduce operational costs; Rate of paper degradation.
- Wood-to-energy plants' impact. // Business New Hampshire Magazine;Aug91, Vol. 8 Issue 8, p10
Discusses the impact of the wood-burning electric plants in New Hampshire. Percentage of total electric consumption provided by the plants; Number of employees employed by the power plants; Amount of salaries and benefits paid by the plants.
- USA's first NaS battery. Price, Anthony; Nichols, Dave // Modern Power Systems;Mar2003, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p36
Features a generating station and distributing network in Ohio that is the site of the first field test of a sodium-sulphur battery on an active power grid. Key features and specifications; Analysis of pertinent topics and relevant issues; Implications on modern power systems. INSET:...
- E&G TRADING BRIEFS. // Electric Light & Power;Mar2002, Vol. 80 Issue 3, p22
Reports business developments on several energy companies as of March 2002 in the U.S. Expansion plan of Aquila Company; Regulatory reforms to bring back the maximum confidence in the energy markets; Formation of the Alliance for Retail Choice.
- 4 power plants steam toward approval in NYC. Lentz, Philip // Crain's New York Business;7/2/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 27, p1
Reports that several electric power plant projects in New York City, New York are moving with ease toward receiving state approval. Changes in the state's siting board process; Increasing demand for electricity in the state; Production capacity of the power plants.
- UK wants end to gas moratorium. // Power Economics;Oct99, Vol. 3 Issue 8, p8
Reports that the Great Britain government appeared to further relax its de facto moratorium on gas fired plant with the approval of conversion of three coal-fired plants to allow it to be dual fired by gas. Pros and cons of dual firing of coal stations; Government's stricter consents policy...
- Recent power plant contract awards. // Modern Power Systems;Apr2000, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p7
Provides information on power-plant contract awards worldwide, as of April 2000. Appointment of Mott McDonald as project manager by Abu Dhabi Water and Electricity Authority to upgrade a number of power sites; Dresser-Rand's contract to supply the gas turbine packages for Tractebel's...
- Fueling the BOOM. Schimmoller, Brian K. // Power Engineering;Mar2000, Vol. 104 Issue 3, p28
Focuses on the significance of fuel management to the success of the power plant. Factors to consider for a project; Reason for maintaining gas quality; Requirements in maintaining gas quality. INSET: More Gas, Fewer Players.
- Power master in Brazil. // Modern Power Systems;10/01/99, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p5
Reports on the inauguration of the Rio Negro turnkey power plant in Manaus, Brazil, on September 24, 1999. Plant owner; Sale of the plant's output to Eletronorte; Milestones of the project.