Capital Outflows Pose Threat To Thai Baht
- Eurodollars: A transition currency. Meigs, A. James // CATO Journal;Winter93, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p711
Proposes the use of Eurodollars for addressing the former Soviet republics' currency problem during its transition to market economy. Background on trading in rubles under the Council for Mutual Economic Assistance; Status of Soviet-style banking system; Possibilities of economic reform under...
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;7/09/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31673, p33
Presents information of trends in money and capital market in the U.S. as of July 2003. Securities prices of the U.S.; Fluctuations in visible supply declines; Short-term tax exempted yields.
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;7/10/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31674, p33
Presents trends in developments of money market and capital market of the U.S. as of July 2003. Market indicators; Security prices of the U.S.; Fluctuations in Visible Supply Declines.
- Capital mobility, inflation, and harmonization. Niskanen, William A. // CATO Journal;Winter98, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p323
Discusses the effects of capital mobility, inflation and harmonization on financial markets. Indication that financial rules and institutions should be evaluated on their effects on the real economy; Effects of a reduction in inflation on economic growth; Risks of harmonization; Impact of...
- 'THE MEANING OF MONEY': RUSSIA, THE RUBLE, THE DOLLAR AND PSYCHOANALYSIS. Mazin, Viktor // New Formations;Summer2011, Issue 72, p47
In keeping with the psychoanalytical tradition, this essay is an interpretation of a dream, or rather a series of answers to questions posed in a dream about the meanings of money. The answers touch on the periods in which the author has lived. What was the attitude towards money in the Soviet...
- Moscow's money island. Powell, Bill // Newsweek (Atlantic Edition);01/19/98 (Atlantic Edition), Vol. 131 Issue 3, p23
Focuses on the practice by Russian businessmen of channeling their cash to Cyprus following the collapse of the Soviet Union. Nature of the economic relationship between Russia and Cyprus which promoted the practice; International concern over money laundering activities by Russian organized...
- Tests of the Direction of Causation between Money and Income in Six Countries. Dyreyes Jr., Felix R.; Starleaf, Dennis R.; Wang, George H. // Southern Economic Journal;Oct80, Vol. 47 Issue 2, p477
Our purpose in undertaking this study was to test for the direction of causation between money and aggregate income in all the developed market economies for which we could obtain quarterly data series of more than ten years in length. There were six such countries: Australia, Canada, Germany,...
- "It's time for capital controls". Gibson, Fred // Business & Economy;May2013, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p39
The article reports on the need to adopt capital controls as a solution the persistent appreciation on Thailand's baht that would erode the country's competitiveness and impedes the import-competing industries.
- How to Succeed in Life…By Really Trying. Brooks, Arthur C. // American (19328117);May/Jun2008, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p26
The author reflects on money, happiness, capitalism and success. He argues that easy money will not bring happiness, but earned success through hard work will. An overview of the effects of money in the different parts of the world is offered. The author suggests that capitalism, moored in...