A Crimp On Democracy
- Government. // Thailand Country Review;2001/2002, p11
Describes the government structure of Thailand as of July 2001. Branches of government; Key government officials; Regions and departments.
- Thailand: Country Forecast: Comment & Analysis. // Political Risk Yearbook: Thailand Country Report;2003, p11
Provides information on the political condition of Thailand as of October 2002. Cabinet reshuffle made by Thai Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra; List of deputy prime ministers appointed by Shinawatra; Selection of Suwat Liptapanlop as labor minister of the state; Approach used by Shinawatra to...
- New Cabinet: Reshuffling The Deckchairs? // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Nov2008, Vol. 19 Issue 11, p3
The article presents an outlook on the political condition of Thailand for 2008-2009. The reshuffling of cabinet members under Prime Minister Somchai Wongsawat is expected to end the political tension in the country. However, the promotion of Suchart Thadathamrongve as finance minister and other...
- Political Overview. // Thailand Defence & Security Report;Q2 2008, p10
The article offers a political outlook for Thailand for 2008. The revelation of the new cabinet members of Prime Minister Samak Sundaravej has been met with little fanfare, but there are many doubts as to whether they are up to the job of running the country. The decision of Samak to also take...
- Thailand: Reshuffle Imminent, But Limited Change. // Emerging Markets Monitor;4/23/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p11
The article discusses the changes in the cabinet of Thailand Prime Minister Surayud Chulanont in response to a public opinion poll that showed that only minor changes should be made. The military-appointed government installed after the September 2006 coup is pressured to increase efficiency in...
- POLITICAL LANDSCAPE. // Thailand Country Profile;2008, p28
The article offers information on the political landscape of Thailand. The political system of the country has experienced a widespread instability, where civilian and military administrations have collapsed. The election of Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra in 2001 has brought a new political...
- Thaksin's Political Zenith and Nadir. Thitinan Pongsudhirak // Southeast Asian Affairs;2006, p285
The article features the rise and fall of Thailand's Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra. The Prime Minister's Thai Rak Thai party secured victory in the February 2005 General Election. Yet less than a year later, he faced a virulent Bangkok-based insurrection that called for his resignation and...
- chapter 1: Political Outlook. // Thailand Business Forecast Report;2007 2nd Quarter, p6
The article focuses on the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats related to the political environment of Thailand.
- chapter 1: Political Outlook. // Thailand Business Forecast Report;2007 3rd Quarter, p6
The factors affecting the overall condition of Thailand's politics and government are presented.