- Macroeconomic Data and Forecasts. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 2;Nov2002, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p8
Reports economic developments in Southeastern Asia as of November 2002. Factors affecting the decline of the currencies; Decline of foreign investments; Increase of budget deficits.
- Asia Monitor: South East Asia. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;May2014, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p1
The May 2014 issue of the journal "Asia Monitor: South East Asia," Vol. 1, is presented. News briefs are offered regarding the political and economic conditions of various countries in Southeast Asia. Highlighted topics include the economic reform in Laos, increase of inflationary pressures in...
- Asian nations team up to deter speculative attack. // Fairfield County Business Journal;10/20/97, Vol. 36 Issue 42, p19
Reports on the cooperation among Southeast Asian nations to withstand currency speculation.
- REGIONAL INDICATOR. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 2;Apr2003, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p1
Presents macroeconomic indicators of South East Asian countries as of April 2003. Year-on-year real gross domestic product growth of the countries in 2001; Forecasted inflation rate for 2003 and 2004; Forecasted current account balance for 2003 and 2004.
- SOUTHEAST ASIAN ECONOMIES: A Year of Exogenous Shocks. Lee, Cassey; Boon-Huat Quah; Foo, March // Southeast Asian Affairs;2006, p15
The article reports on the Southeast Asian economies for the year 2005. Southeast Asian economies grew at an average rate of 5 percent. This was lower than the 6.3 percent the previous year. Indonesia, Brunei, Cambodia and Laos are the only members of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations...
- Southeast Asia. Lyster, Michael // World Trade;Mar97, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p50
Focuses on the ten countries of south east Asia. Troubles of the region; Challenge of political development; Political status of each country; Economic conditions and economic development in each country; Problem areas for each country.
- Ten steps forward, one step back. Robb, Drew // World Trade;Oct98, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p36
Describes the economy in the Southeast Asian region as of October 1998. Increase in American exports experienced by member countries of the Association of South East Asian Nations; Decline in real property values; Economic conditions in specific countries in the region.
- Asian economies. Mohamad, Mahathir Bin // Vital Speeches of the Day;10/15/97, Vol. 64 Issue 1, p9
Presents a speech by the Prime Minister of Malaysia, given before the Annual Seminar of the World Bank in Hong Kong on September 20, 1997, dealing with the issue of the conditions of the Southeast Asian economies.
- Possibilities abound in Asia for the persistent. Wernle, Bradford // Crain's Detroit Business;12/13/93, Vol. 9 Issue 50, Crain's International pI-5
Describes the business climate in Southeast Asia for 1994. Opportunities in commerce and trade in the area; Obstacles in establishing business partnership with Southeast Asian companies; Growth in the Asian market; Effects of rapid industrialization in Asia.