The Threat Of Import Controls
- Chapter 3: 10-Year Forecast. // Vietnam Business Forecast Report;2011 1st Quarter, Issue 1, p21
The article presents the 10-year economic forecast of Vietnam from 2010-2020 which includes the continues foreign investment growth, the decrease in trade deficit, and a 5% consumer price inflation from 2013.
- Slow Depreciation Sustainable. // Emerging Markets Monitor;6/23/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 11, p6
Looks at the economic prospect facing Vietnam in 2003. Prediction on its tourism revenue and its currency; Factors that will hamper the trade account; Effect of dollar weakness on Vietnamese competitiveness; Drop in consumer inflation rate in May.
- Country Risk Summary: VIETNAM. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Mar2004, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p4
This article presents information on country risk to investments in Vietnam. International donors have pledged to provide Vietnam with U.S. $2.84bn in development aid in 2004. The rise, which reflects increased donor confidence in Vietnam, came despite continued concerns over human rights abuses...
- Improving External Position. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Nov2005, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p4
The article reports that Vietnam's trade deficit will widen this year as import growth outpaces export growth. Vietnam's current account deficit is expected to widen further this year as the benefit of higher oil revenues is outweighed by a reduction in demand for other exports. However, once...
- BMI Raises Dong Forecast. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Apr2008, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p5
The article provides an outlook of the economic situation of Vietnam for 2008. According to Business Monitor International Ltd. (BMI), due to monetary tightening and an increased acceptance of currency appreciation by the government, they raised their end 2008 target for the dong from Vietnamese...
- Increased Confidence In the Dong Only Temporary. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Aug2010, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p5
The article presents a prediction on the performance of Vietnamese dong in 2010. It says that the increased confidence on dong in the second quarter of 2010 was due to inflation decline during the period, with exchange rate closing at 18,544 dongs per one U.S. dollar on June 10, 2010. It states...
- Investment To Cushion External Weakness. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Oct2010, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p1
The article reports that private consumption and investment in infrastructure development are expected to drive economic growth in Vietnam. The country recorded gross domestic product (GDP) growth of 6.3% year-on-year in the second quarter of 2010. Tax policies aimed at promoting investment in...
- Vietnam: Portforlio Opportunities Limited. // Emerging Markets Monitor;11/17/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 30, p8
Presents information on the economic situation in Vietnam as of November 2003. Year-on-year economic growth rate in the first nine months of 2003; Estimated current account deficit; Situation in the stock market.
- VIETNAM: MACROECONOMIC DATA AND FORECASTS. // Vietnam Business Forecast Report;2004 4th Quarter, p2
The article presents macroeconomic data and forecasts related to Vietnam's economy. The data includes period from 1997 to 2006. It provides information such as Nominal Gross Domestic Product (GDP), population, GDP per capita, real GDP, percentage change in industrial production, exports,...