- DEFENSE. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: State of Eritrea;Mar2008, p5
The article offers information regarding the condition of the military forces in Eritrea. According to the article, during its war for independence, the Eritrean People's Liberation Front (EPLF) fighting force had grown to almost 110,000 recruits, about 3% of Eritrea's total population....
- How the guard and reserve will fight in 2025. Fautua, David T. // Parameters: U.S. Army War College;Spring99, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p127
Examines the efforts to integrate the Active Army component, Army National Guard and Army Reserve in the United States. Role of military pyramid mentality on relationships among army components; Program designs promoting seamless armies; Implications for transition into the 21st century;...
- DEFENSE. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Central African Repu;Aug2005, p6
Provides information about the military administration in Central African Republic. Total number of armed forces; Strategy of the country to combat road bandits and thievery; History and background of the country's military.
- Claims report. // Army Lawyer;Mar1999, Issue 316, p45
Reports on developments concerning United States Army claims. 1998 table of adjusted dollar value; Tort claims; Reserve officer training corps cadet training injuries.
- The fulcrum for the full-spectrum force: The engineer... Federle, Philip F.; Kirsch, Robert S. // Engineer;Apr97, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p2
Traces the two ENFORCE conferences of the United States Army, defining the regimental vision and a unified regimental theme. List of the engineer's missions as presented in the Engineer Regiment; Operational concepts viewed in the Joint Vision 2010 (JV 2010); General areas of the range of...
- HISTORY OF GROWTH AND REFORMS OF BRITISH MILITARY ADMINISTRATION IN INDIA (1848-1949). // Language in India;Sep2008, Vol. 8 Issue 9, Special Section p1
The article discusses the history of growth and reforms of British military administration in India from 1848 to 1949. It defines military administration as the proper organization of the army into an efficient one so that it becomes a powerful force and defends the nation at all times of...
- Reserve Forces at a Crossroads. Spence, Floyd D. // Officer;Jan/Feb2001, Vol. 77 Issue 1, p11
Discusses the role of the reserve forces in the United States Armed Forces. Development of the US Reserve components; Integration with the active forces; Additional responsibilities and workloads; Increased levels of training and deployments for reserve forces in the different military services.
- Total Force Transformation. Shelton, Henry H. // Officer;Jan/Feb2001, Vol. 77 Issue 1, p16
Reports that the men and women of the United States Armed Forces Reserves have an important role to play in the entire military structure. Mission of the armed forces; Benefits from the engagement activities participated in by the reserve forces; Organizational changes made across the armed forces.
- AMERICA'S RESERVE AND NATIONAL GUARD: LEADING THE REVOLUTION IN MILITARY AFFAIRS. Cragin, Charles L. // Officer;Jan/Feb2001, Vol. 77 Issue 1, p20
Reports on the increasing role of the reserve forces in the United States Armed Forces in defending the country's security interests around the world. Efforts to reduce or eliminate structural and cultural barriers to the full integration of the Reserve components into the Total Force;...