- Asian economic `tiger' may fix political stripes. Cohen, Yvan // Christian Science Monitor;8/21/97, Vol. 89 Issue 187, p6
Examines politics and government in Thailand as of August, 1997. The rampant corruption which characterizes politics in Thailand; Money spent by politicians seeking election in 1996; The changing nature of government in Thailand; Economic conditions and growth which fostered the corrupt...
- Thaksin' Political Zenith and Nadir. Pongsudhirak, Thitinan // Southeast Asian Affairs 2006;2006, p283
The article discusses the political career of Thailand Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra. The author states that he neglected the needs and grievances of the rural residents, engaged in corruption and exploited the income divide between Bangkok, the capital, and the countryside through his...
- Vote buying doesn't spell the death of democracy. // Asia Weekly;9/8/2008, Vol. 2 Issue 35, p13
The article reports on the impact of vote-buying in Thailand. As stated, vote buying is undeniably part of the political culture. Voters understand that candidates can offer more than just a quick cash fix like infrastructure spending and development projects. In addition, city dwellers seemed...
- THAILAND. Pongsudhirak, Thitinan // Southeast Asian Affairs;2003, p277
Assesses the political system in Thailand. Advantages and disadvantages of military dictatorships; Centralization of political power; Efforts of the government to decrease the number of graft and corruption cases in the country.
- Yet Another Coup in Thailand. Burton, M. H. // International Policy Digest;Oct2015, Vol. 2 Issue 10, p157
The article presents the author's perspectives on the need for free communications in Thailand not cyber-police, people willing to speak their own minds and leaders elected by their energy, smarts and ability-not by their bloodlines and by how big a bribe they can pay.
- INTRODUCTION. // Thailand Country Profile;2007, p2
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one on external and internal political situation in Thailand and another on its economic background, performance, and major trading partners.
- Thailand readies for cleanest-ever election tomorrow. Kurlantzick, Joshua // Christian Science Monitor;1/5/2000, Vol. 93 Issue 29, p7
Discusses the outlook for parliamentary elections in Thailand. History of political corruption in Thailand; Public reaction to the elections; Efforts of the Election Commission to remove corruption; Election campaigns of candidates in Thailand.
- Country Risk Summary: THAILAND. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Dec2002, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p4
Focuses on the political and economic conditions of Thailand. Border problem of the country; Budget deficit of the country; Business environment of the country.
- Country Risk Summary: THAILAND. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Jan2003, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p4
Focuses on the economic and political conditions in Thailand. Corruption in the government; Growth in industrial output; Plans of government regarding foreign retailers.