Aid Faces An Uncertain Future
- Caramoor obtains $500,000 grant from state. // Westchester County Business Journal;09/06/99, Vol. 38 Issue 36, p18
Reports on the receipt by Katonah, New York's Caramoor Center for Music and the Arts' of a $500,000 grant from the state of New York. Promotion of the region's tourist trade; Preservation of its unique architecture and atmosphere; Range of infrastructure-improvement projects planned for the area.
- (CAPITAL FUNDING) Tourism Cares. // Children & Youth Funding Report;1/15/2010, p14
The article reports on the development of the Tourism Cares: 2010 Worldwide Grant Program, which offers funds to nonprofit organizations to support the tourism and travel industry across the globe.
- EGYPT: RISK SUMMARY. // Middle East Monitor: East Med;Feb2011, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p2
The article presents the political, economic and business environment outlook in Egypt that revealed several issues including a slight boost to the country's ongoing efforts at attracting foreign investment, the significant repercussions for the local economy brought by its unstable tourism...
- Investment drive by the Philippines. // PATA Travel News Europe;Mar95, p23
Reports on increased efforts by the Philippine government to attract more investments in the nation's tourism industry. Relaxation of investment regulations; Improved facilities; Tourist sites identified for development.
- Investment Overview. // Dominica Country Review;2001/2002, p54
Discusses foreign investment in the tourism industry of Dominica. Growth of tourism in the 1990s; Dominica's reputation as a Caribbean tourist destination; Development of port facilities; Special incentives offered for hotel projects; Incentives for investments in other sectors.
- China opens tourism industry. P.B. // China Business Review;Jan/Feb93, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p4
Focuses on the expansion of the scope of foreign investments in tourism industry and related sectors in China. Implication of the rise of the 1992 hard currency earnings from tourism industry; Incentives to be given to foreign investors engaged in the development of the eleven tourist zones.
- Southeast Asia invests in Perth. Wilson, Ted // Hotel & Motel Management;5/9/94, Vol. 209 Issue 8, p6
Reports that Perth, Australia's market of hotels is 70 percent owned by Southeast Asian interests. Hotels acquired by Southeast Asian companies; Overview of Australia's tourism industry.
- An Analysis of the Relationships between Tourism Development and Foreign Direct Investment: An Empirical Study in Selected Major Asian Countries. Mohd Salleh, Norlida Hanim; Othman, Redzuan; Sarmidi, Tamat // International Journal of Business & Social Science;2011, Vol. 2 Issue 17, p250
This study analyses the relationship between the development of tourism industry (ARR) and foreign direct investment (FDI) in selected Asian countries namely Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, China and Hong Kong utilizing autoregresive distributed lag approach (ARDL.) This approach allows the usage...
- Seaside Revelation. Kaufman, David // Time International (South Pacific Edition);9/24/2007, Issue 37, p63
The article profiles the amenities and offerings of Tel Aviv, Israel. Spurred by foreign investors and travelers, its restaurants, cultural attractions, and night clubs are attractive and full, and tourism in the Holy Land has never been more popular. The city's oldest quarter, Neve Tzedek,...