- CAMBODIA: RISK SUMMARY. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Jan2009, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p6
The article focuses on the political, economic and business environment in Cambodia. It is reported that the Royal Cambodian Armed Forces have illegally evicted around 300 family homes claiming that only half of the families had legal title to the land. Cambodia's garment sector has been...
- Defense Contractors on Risky Rollercoaster. Kusterbeck, Staci // Apparel Magazine;Jul2005, Vol. 46 Issue 11, p20
This article reports that military uniform producers are pushed to their limits in the face of erratic upswings and downswings in demand from the U.S. Department of Defense (DOD). Caught up in a dicey juggling act, they must keep their operations lean enough to withstand sudden cutbacks in...
- Semper Buy. Bailey, Lee // DNR: Daily News Record;2/28/2005, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p24
Focuses on the challenge posed by the on-base exchange network of the U.S. Armed Forces, to the men's clothing industry. Product brands offered by the network; Annual revenue of the network; Benefits and discounts offered by the network to soldiers and their families.
- Clothing, Performance Textiles and Technical Fabrics. Baddeley, Adam // Military Technology;2012, Vol. 36 Issue 10, p89
The article discusses the advanced features of military uniforms which are used by U.S. Army. It informs that the modern military forces use cloths which are not detected by night-vision goggles as they are specially printed. Information on the technology used by the uniform manufacturers to...
- Massif Mountain Gear. Binns, Jessica // Apparel Magazine;May2011, Vol. 52 Issue 9, p12
This article presents a profile of apparel company Massif Mountain Gear Co. based in Ashland, Oregon. Massif produces flame-resistant clothing with innovative fabrics and designs. The company works with the U.S. Army, Air Force, Marines and Coast Guard to develop fabrics and garments for...
- BUILDING PRESENCE. Cahlink, George // Government Executive;Dec2002, Vol. 34 Issue 16, p47
Focuses on the increase in military presence/influence of the U.S. all over the world. Impact of the capture of Mazar-e-Sharif in Afghanistan by U.S. forces during the country's war on terrorism, on the their campaign to win control over Afghanistan; Influence of the strategic importance of...
- Nations With Largest Armed Forces, by Active-Duty Troop Strength. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2000, p215
No abstract available.
- NRC committee supports construction of experimental Hypersonic X-30 vehicle. Kandebo, S.W. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;5/8/1989, Vol. 130 Issue 19, p86
Discusses `Hypersonic Technology for Military Application,' a recently released study by the National Research Council that strongly endorses the construction of experimental hypersonic National Aero Space Plane vehicles. The report warns that the X-30 may not be able to achieve its ultimate...
- Recent U. S. Army Recruiting Figures. // Congressional Digest;Aug/Sep41, Vol. 20 Issue 8/9, p199
Presents headquarters of the nine Army Corps in the U.S. Boston, Massachusetts; Governor's Island, New York; Baltimore, Maryland.