Selective Moves Against Corruption
- chapter 1: Political Outlook. // Vietnam Business Forecast Report;2005 2nd Quarter, p3
The article focuses on political conditions in Vietnam. The Communist Party holds the real power in Vietnam. The Vietnamese government is the most modern in a generation, and appears determined to push ahead with the economic reforms necessary to make Vietnam into an industrialized country by...
- GOVERNMENT AND POLITICAL CONDITIONS. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Vietnam;May2004, p4
Discusses the political conditions of Vietnam as of May 2004. Reaffirmation of the central role of the Communist Party of Vietnam by a constitution approved in April 1992; Authorities of the president of the country; Functions of the Vietnamese National Assembly.
- Vietnam to media: Toe party line. // Editor & Publisher;11/29/97, Vol. 130 Issue 48, p35
Warns Vietnam's journalists and editors to promote the government-backed ideology as asserted by the Communist Party's Politburo. Nationwide directive of Politburo; Editor detained for disclosing classified information; Communist party's concern; Measures ordered by the central government.
- PROFILE. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Vietnam;Dec2006, p1
The article profiles the country of Vietnam. The country's geographic area is 331,114 square kilometers, equivalent to the size of Ohio, Kentucky and Tennessee combined. It has a population of 83.1 million with an annual growth rate of 1.33%. Vietnam has a communist party-dominated...
- GOVERNMENT AND POLITICAL CONDITIONS. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Vietnam;Dec2006, p4
The article presents information on the government and political conditions of Vietnam. In April 1992 a new state constitution was approved, reaffirming the central role of the Communist Party of Vietnam in politics and society, and outlining government reorganization and increased economic...
- VIETNAM Facing the Challenge of Integration. Nguyen Manh Hung // Southeast Asian Affairs;2004, p297
Focuses on the politics and government in Vietnam. Steps taken by the Vietnamese leaders to combat corruption; Application of the country to join the World Trade Organization to promote foreign economic relations; Reasons for the people's distrust toward the government.
- VIETNAM Familiar Patterns and New Developments Ahead of the 11th Party Congress. Malesky, Edmund; Schuler, Paul; Tran, Anh // Southeast Asian Affairs;2011, p339
The article discusses political conditions in 2010 related to the Communist Party congress in Vietnam. Topics include economic development in the country, an increase in representative and public institutions of the Vietnamese National Assembly (VNA), and political change in the participation,...
- Over Five Thousand Party Officials Investigated for Corruption in December 2014. // Chinascope;Jan/Feb2015, Issue 73, p24
The article reports on the information released by the Communist Party's Central Commission for Discipline Inspection (CCDI) in China revealing the number of corruption cases handled, party officials deal with or placed under administrative adverse actions and disciplinary actions in December 2014.
- VIETNAM: Country Forecast: Political Framework. // Political Risk Yearbook: Vietnam Country Report;2006, p29
Presents an analysis and prediction on the government and politics in Vietnam. Explanation that President Tran Duc Luong control's the country's foreign policy; Phan Van Khai is the prime minister and controls the government; Control by the Communist Party of Vietnam of the government;...