Provinces Compete For Investment
- Central Government To Hoard Tax Haul. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Feb2003, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p5
Provides an overview of the economic outlook for Vietnam as of February 2003. Fiscal relations between the center and the provinces; Government's forecasts of an oil price; Expectation on revenue collection through the value added taxes (VAT); Vulnerability of the currency markets.
- Improving External Position. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Nov2005, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p4
The article reports that Vietnam's trade deficit will widen this year as import growth outpaces export growth. Vietnam's current account deficit is expected to widen further this year as the benefit of higher oil revenues is outweighed by a reduction in demand for other exports. However, once...
- Strong Growth Forecast, Risks Remain. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Jan2005, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p4
The article presents information on economic conditions in Vitenam. Vietnam's economy will continue to enjoy strong growth throughout 2005. The economy grew by 8.0% year-on-year (y-o-y) in the third quarter, bringing growth for the first nine months of 2004 to 7.4% y-o-y, with full-year growth...
- At the Front of Vietnam's Food Queue. NGUYEN, LAN ANH // Forbes Asia;May2014, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p38
The article offers information on the business growth of food chain Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC) in Vietnam for the year 2014. Topics discussed include KFC brought to Vietnam in 1997 by Tony Chew, challenges faced by the restaurant during the Asian Financial Crisis in 1997, and KFCV (Vietnam)...
- THE OPTIMAL LEVEL OF LOCAL GOVERNMENT FUND BALANCES: A SIMULATION APPROACH. Kriz, Kenneth A. // Proceedings of the Annual Conference on Taxation;2002, p78
Presents a simulation approach on local government fund balances in the U.S. Determination of fund balance through the vitality of a jurisdiction's revenue sources; Implication of the result for local government financial policy; Use of revenue sources to fund general government activities.
- Town halls fight business rate reform. McHugh, Joseph // Public Finance;5/24/2002, p6
Reports the effort of local government to incorporate business rates into the revenue support grant in Great Britain. Initiative in reforming the grant distribution system; Threat to the campaign for local tax-raising powers; Arguments regarding the need for central government to control...
- Still time to free local government. // Indianapolis Business Journal;4/23/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p12
The article calls on Indiana legislators to allow Mayor Bart Peterson, the City-County Council and municipal governments to raise the revenue they need to run their departments. The author states that giving local government fiscal flexibility is logical. In the event that local officials abuse...
- Cities: Data-Fee Ruling Affects Service. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;10/7/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 40, p28
Reports the effect of revenue shortfalls on the local government in Chicago, Illinois. Factors causing the revenue shortfalls; Inability of localities to ensure compliance with customer-service standards; Company responsible to address consumer complaints regarding modem service.
- chapter 2: Economic Outlook. // Vietnam Business Forecast Report;2006 2nd Quarter, p12
The article provides an economic outlook for Vietnam in 2006.