Stocks Climb As Economy Shines
- MEA Stocks: Mixed Reactions -- Long-Term Outlook Still Solid. // Emerging Markets Monitor;3/5/2007, Vol. 12 Issue 45, p21
The article focuses on the stock market in Middle East and Africa. The authors forecast on further losses on the Johannesburg All Share Index in South Africa. The soundness of the Israeli economy with an expanding real gross domestic product (GDP) has been emphasized. They also state the...
- Asian Equities: Upward Momentum For Breaking Major Resistance. // Emerging Markets Monitor;7/20/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 16, p7
The article offers an outlook for Asian equity indices for 2009-2010. The indices rallied strongly after better earnings have been posted by Goldman Sachs and Intel and strong gross domestic product (GDP) figures were released by China and Singapore. The Straits Times Index in Singapore...
- Is the stock market signaling recession? // Dow Theory Forecasts;7/1/2002, Vol. 58 Issue 26, p2
Reports on stock market activities in the U.S. as of July 2002. Market averages and average stock diverge; Stock price indexes; Household net worth; Decline in gross domestic product.
- Oman Stocks In The Gulf Bunker. // Emerging Markets Monitor;11/29/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 32, p17
Reports on the performance of the Omani stocks in 2004. Increase in the stock price index of the MSM 30 stock market; Decrease in the stock price index for the fourth quarter of 2004; Role of deflation in the decline; Forecast on the growth of the real gross domestic product.
- Macroeconomic Determinants of the Stock Market Index for a Major Latin American Country and Policy Implications. Yu Hsing; Budden, Michael C.; Phillips, Antoinette S. // Business & Economic Research (BER);Jun2012, Vol. 2 Issue 1, Special section p1
Applying the exponential GARCH model and based on a quarterly sample during 1998.Q1-2011.Q2, we find that the Argentine stock market index is positively associated with real GDP, the ratio of M2 money supply to GDP, the peso/USD exchange rate and the U.S. stock market index. It is negatively...
- MENA: Equity Outlook Positive. // Emerging Markets Monitor;2/25/2008, Vol. 13 Issue 44, p19
The article focuses on the positive outlook on the equity market in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA). It forecasts that the Middle East will experience a real gross domestic product (GDP) of 5.6% in 2008. It says that the Morocco All Share Index (MASI) continued to outperform most of its...
- Asia Equities Looking Overdone. // Emerging Markets Monitor;12/18/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 35, p11
The article provides an outlook for the stock markets in Asia in 2007. The Shanghai Composite Index in China is improving with real gross domestic product growth of over 10% annually. The Sensex index has experienced a decline but will stay above three-year trendline support at 10,800. The Stock...
- Brazil: More Short-Term Pain Ahead. // Emerging Markets Monitor;8/20/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 19, p11
The article presents an economic forecast for Brazil in 2007. The 17.6% decline in Bovespa has been mentioned. It anticipates that the real GDP growth would come in at 4.7% in 2007 which is higher than the recorded 3.7% in 2006. It projects that the index would achieve multi-month trendline...
- Egypt: New Head Of Steam? // Emerging Markets Monitor;10/4/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 25, p16
Provides information on the economic condition of Egypt as of October 2004. Reason for the recovery of the stock index; Forecasted increase of real gross domestic product; Factors that will help the Egyptian stock market.