A Well-Timed Anniversary
- Annual Growth Finally Positive. // Latin America Monitor: Southern Cone Monitor;Apr2004, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p2
Discusses the economic conditions of Argentina. Percentage of increase in its real gross domestic product in 2003; Rate of increase in gross fixed investment; Factors behind the depreciation of the Argentinean peso.
- Latin American Regional Impact. // Argentina Business Forecast Report;2006 1st Quarter, p42
The article discusses the impact of dollar depreciation on the regional economies in the Latin American countries. The 40% devaluation of the U.S. dollar would create economic and political disruption in the countries of Latin America. Of the four modeled countries, Chile would suffer the most...
- Egypt External Position Improves. // Middle East & Africa Financial Alert;12/22/2003, Vol. 3 Issue 14, p6
The article evaluates Egypt's position in international finance. Egypt's current account for first quarter of the financial 2003-2004 has recorded a budget surplus of $1.5 billion, up from $1.17 billion in the fourth quarter of financial year 2002-2003. The external servicing position has...
- Rathbone's Coombs: Why I'm not worried about the Dragon. Coombs, David // Fundweb;9/1/2015, p13
The article offers the author's insights on the economic slowdown in China in 2015 and its potential impact to investment managers in Great Britain. Topics include the slow growth of the gross domestic product (GDP) in the country, the unexpected devaluation of the Chinese renminbi against the...
- Debt restructuring may be Argentina's key to recovery. // Market: Latin America;Mar2005, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p1
Reports on the economic recovery in Argentina through a debt restructuring scheme as of March 2005. Graphical illustration of the country's gross domestic product and inflation rate from 1995 to 2005; Information on the real wages of Argentine workers; Influence of the country's devalued...
- ECONOMY. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Fiji;Aug2004, p5
Focuses on the economic conditions in Fiji. Impact of the Asian financial crisis on the gross domestic product of the country in 1997 and 1998; Devaluation of the Fijian dollar; Expansion of the tourism industry.
- ECONOMY. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Venezuela;Feb2005, p8
Discusses the economic conditions of the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela as of February 2005. Increase in real gross domestic product; Devaluation of the Bolivar by the Ministry of Finance and the Central Bank; Success of the government in attempting to extend its debt profile and reduce its...
- Currency Backtracks After Initial Gains. // Latin America Monitor: Caribbean Monitor;Oct2003, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p5
Reports on the economic condition of Jamaica, as of October 2003. Percentage growth of its gross domestic product in the second quarter of 2003; Causes of the devaluation of the Jamaican dollar; Forecast on the economic performance of the country for the fourth quarter of 2003.
- Estimating the tourism-led growth hypothesis: A case study of the Middle East countries. Al-mulali, Usama; Fereidouni, Hassan Gholipour; Lee, Janice Y.M.; Mohammed, Abdul Hakim // Anatolia: An International Journal of Tourism & Hospitality Rese;Aug2014, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p290
The study examines tourism-led growth hypothesis in the Middle East. A panel gross domestic product (GDP) model is used taking the period of 1985â€“2012. The results from the Pedroni cointegration test indicated that tourism receipt (TR) is cointegrated with GDP growth (GDP). The dynamic...