Ringgit Peg Here To Stay
- Money supply: Wandering in the woods. de Klerk, Vic // Finance Week;09/10/99, p13
Focuses on developments related to money supply in South Africa as of September 10, 1999. Decline in money supply; Background on the monetary policy of the country's central bank.
- South Africa. // Africa Report;May/Jun95, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p12
Reports on the abolition of South Africa's dual currency system on March 10, 1995. Creation of the two-tier exchange rate under the apartheid regime; Use of the commercial rand for balance-of-payment transactions; South Africa's efforts to attract foreign investments.
- MONETARY POLICY IN THE NEW GLOBAL ECONOMY: THE CASE OF JAPAN. Meltzer, Allan H. // CATO Journal;Spring/Summer2000, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p69
Focuses on the monetary policy of Japan in 2000. Why institutional change in globalization reduced the effect of money on prices and other nominal variables; Implication of falling prices and appreciating currency in the country; Goals that the Bank of Japan would help achieve if increased the...
- The Monetary Role of the Federal Reserve System. // Congressional Digest;Jun/Jul82, Vol. 61 Issue 6/7, p167
Discusses the monetary role of the Federal Reserve System. Definition of the major responsibility in the execution of monetary policy; Percentage of reserves that banks must hold in relation to deposits.
- Monetary policy. // Economic Trends (07482922);Nov97, p2
Presents data concerning the trends in the United States monetary market and policy as of October 1997. Changes in the intended federal fund rates; Reserve market rates; Capital market rates; Short-term interest rates; Commercial bank loans; Monetary aggregates.
- Why Does Countercyclical Monetary Policy Matter? Chatterjee, Satyajit // Business Review (Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia);2001 Second Quarter, p7
Discusses the benefits of countercyclical monetary policy of the United States. Limits on the scope of countercyclical monetary policy; Evaluation of the costs and benefits of the policy; Significance of self-insurance for assessing the benefits of countercyclical policy.
- Money. Jordan, Jerry L. // Journal of Asian Economics;Spring98, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p13
Examines issues associated with money. Challenges in achieving and maintaining money; Use of assets to serve functions of money; Evolution of money; Role of inside and outside money to the economy; Quality of monetary services; Practice of monetary policy.
- Issues in the Conduct of Monetary Reform. Oksymets, Valeriy Illich // Russian & East European Finance & Trade;May/Jun98, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p37
Discusses issues surrounding monetary reform in Europe. Reasons for the physical replacement of old monetary denominations circulating in a country; Discussion on monetary and economic issues; Arrangement of models of monetary reform.
- Forint policy. // Budapest Business Journal;12/9/2002, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p21
Comments on the continuous strengthening of Hungary's forint since 2000. Employers' organizations that called for the resignation of National Bank of Hungary (MNB) president Zsigmond Jarai in December 2002; Employers' associations' argument that MNB is not doing enough to stop the forint's...