- The Side Effects of Free Trade. Taylor, Norman // Business Credit;Jul/Aug2002, Vol. 104 Issue 7, p60
Explores the negative financial impacts of free trade. Accounting problems; Country risk; Credit applications; Legal issues of free trade in different countries.
- COLOMBIA: RISK SUMMARY. // Latin America Monitor: Andean Group Monitor;Aug2011, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p5
The article offers information on the political, economic and business environment risk in Colombia in 2011 such as the law passed by the Senate that would help compensate the civil conflict victims, the passage of the Colombia's free trade agreement (CFTA) with the U.S., and growth in car sales .
- RISK SUMMARY. // Latin America Monitor: Mexico Monitor;Jan2006, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p2
The article analyzes the level of economic and political risks in Mexico and Venezuela. The two countries moved to recall their respective diplomatic envoys following a diplomatic quarrel at the Summit of the Americas in November 2005. The issue between the countries involves the Free Trade...
- Country Risk Summary: PANAMA. // Latin America Monitor: Central America Monitor;Sep2003, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p5
Presents a country risk assessment for Panama as of September 2003. Accusations of corruption and over-spending against the administration of President Mireya Moscoso; Plan of the government to enter into free trade agreements with several countries; Actions taken by the International Monetary...
- RISK SUMMARY: NICARAGUA. // Latin America Monitor: Central America Monitor;Nov2005, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p8
Presents a country risk outlook for Nicaragua in 2005. Warning issued by the U.S. government to those opposing Nicaraguan President Enrique Bolaï¿½os; Modification of the country's budget for 2006; Approval of the country's free trade agreement with the U.S.
- RISK SUMMARY: PANAMA. // Latin America Monitor: Central America Monitor;May2008, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p3
The article summarizes the conditions and ratings regarding business risks in Panama including political risk, economic risk and business environment. The election contest scheduled for May 2009 is described as finely balanced. The Panama Canal Authority is reportedly seeking financing for 2008...
- PAKISTAN: RISK SUMMARY. // Asia Monitor: South Asia Monitor;Sep2006, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p4
The article presents country risk summary for Pakistan for 2006 and the forthcoming months. A political crisis involving the predominant political parties and their leaders have been avoided after their differences were addressed through the negotiating table. Pakistan is hopeful for a free...
- RISK SUMMARY: EL SALVADOR. // Latin America Monitor: Central America Monitor;May2006, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p4
Analyzes the political and economic risk in El Salvador. Expected discussion between main political players ahead of the May 1, 2006 deadline for the legislative assembly to take office; Performance of the maquila sector; Free trade agreement with Colombia.
- RISK SUMMARY: GUATEMALA. // Latin America Monitor: Central America Monitor;May2006, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p7
Analyzes the economic and political risk in Guatemala. Security force formed by the government to address the problems with crime; Growth of the economy in January 2006; Preparation of Guatemala for its full entry into the Dominican Republic-Central America Free Trade Agreement.