- Colombo comes closer. Michaud, Paul // African Business;Oct96, Issue 214, p21
Reports on the establishment of formal diplomatic relations between South Africa and Sri Lanka in 1996. Possibilities of expanding trade between the countries following diplomatic agreements; Encouragement of the arrival of South African diplomats and business leaders in Sri Lanka.
- International links help to overcome years of isolation. Cherry, Michael // Nature;11/7/1996, Vol. 384 Issue 6604, p15
Discusses the effect of restored international contact upon scientific research in South Africa. The ending of isolation following the abolition of apartheid; The large numbers of scientists that are coming to South Africa; A number of bilateral co-operative agreements with other countries; The...
- Foreign Relations. // South Africa Country Review;2012, p66
The article provides information on the foreign relations of South Africa including the country's international economic relations and policy, regional economic relations, and military ties.
- Untitled. // UNESCO Sources;Dec97, Issue 96, p21
Reports on South Africa's ratification of the Convention concerning the Protection of World Cultural and Natural Heritage.
- New consular relations. // Presidents & Prime Ministers;May/Jun94, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p39
Announces the government of Indonesia has agreed to open consular relations with South Africa at the level of Consulate General effective February 10, 1994.
- 1994 and beyond: Parameters of change in Southern Africa. Bischoff, Paul-Henri // Africa Insight;1995, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p108
Examines the external relations of South Africa with the rest of the nations within the Southern African region. Political history of South Africa from 1990 to 1994; Inward regionalism; Influence of the South African Development Community (SADC); Role of the South African Customs Union (SACU)...
- SOUTH AFRICA AND INTERNATIONAL OSTRACISM. Bissell, Richard // World Affairs;Winter74/75, Vol. 137 Issue 3, p179
Analyzes reasons behind the drive to ostracize South Africa from the international community. South Africa's international relations since World War II; International organizations that indicated strong disapproval of South Africa; Forces supporting the campaign against South Africa.
- SA/Lesotho at loggerheads. // African Business;Mar1999, Issue 241, p6
Reports on the reluctance of the Lesotho government to pay the 24 million rands for South Africa's military intervention during an uprising in Lesotho's capital, Maseru.
- A View of Rome from the Provinces. Sparks, Allister // Wilson Quarterly;Spring2001, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p46
No abstract available.