RISK SUMMARY: CAMBODIA
- An iron fist, not a soft touch, wins in Cambodia. Barr, Cameron W. // Christian Science Monitor;8/13/97, Vol. 89 Issue 181, p6
Focuses on Cambodia as of August 13, 1997. The Cambodian People's Party (CPP) and its goals of stability, efficiency and control; Questions from Cambodian politicians as to why the international community appears to be supporting Hun Sen, leader of the CPP; Uncertainty about whether Hun Sen...
- GRENADA. // Caribbean Update;Jul2012, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p9
This section offers news briefs in Grenada including a climate change memorandum of understanding approved by the Grenadan government with China, state visit to Qatar for support in developing tourism infrastructure in Grenada, and a Grenadan chocolate industry report by Nigel Tisdall.
- CAMBODIA: RISK SUMMARY. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;May2011, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p6
The article offers news briefs on political, economic, and business risks in Cambodia which are the critics done by Prime Minister Hun Sen on Thailand, the plan of trade unions to handle the migrant workers' rights, and the labour strikes organized due to the compensation and unpaid wages from a...
- Mystery of golf comes to Cambodia's killing fields. Sloanx, Bronwyn // Asian Pacific Post;4/10/2008, p13
The article reports on the proposal of Cambodian Prime Minister Hun Sen to build a golf course in Pailin.
- Top Issues During Obama's India Visit. MACASDLL, ANDREW // News India Times;1/30/2015, Vol. 46 Issue 5, p7
The article offers information on some key areas to be discussed during the visit of U.S. President Barack Obama to India including defense, renewable energy, and climate change.
- "No work" is the least of our worries. Noble, Russell // Canadian Mining Journal;Jan2016, Vol. 137 Issue 1, p5
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses the theme concerning the mining industry in Canada and the agreement of the U.S., Russia, and China on climate change.
- Mining firm eyes P.R.'s Cala Abajo site. Trinidad, Pablo J. // Caribbean Business;4/20/1995, Vol. 23 Issue 16, p2
Reports that Southern Gold Resources Inc. is working on a feasibility study to mine the Cala Abajo copper and gold deposits between the Puerto Rico municipalities of Utuado and Adjuntas. Estimated total cost of the project; Impact on employment; Economic benefits to the government of Puerto...
- China-Korea Relations: China's Red Line on the Korean Peninsula. Snyder, Scott; See-won Byun // Comparative Connections: A Triannual E-Journal on East Asian Bil;May2014, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p103
The article examines China's relations with the two Koreas for the first four months of 2014. Topics discussed include the high point between China-South Korea relations, but North Korea's belligerence posing a challenge to the full implementation of the China-Republic of Korea (ROK) Joint...
- Aquino to address high-level UN climate change meet in New York. // Filipino Reporter;9/12/2014, Vol. 42 Issue 41, p5
The article reports that the U.S. visit of Philippine President Benigno Aquino III will include a high-level United Nations (UN) meeting on climate change called the UN Climate Summit on September 23, 2014 because of an invitation from UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon.