Fuel Price Hikes To Drive Inflation Higher
- Chapter 1: Inflation developments. // Inflation Report (National Bank of Moldova);Nov2011, Issue 4, p6
The article offers information on increase in inflation in the third quarter of 2011. It states that annual inflation rate measured by consumer price index (CPI) was 8.8 percent, an increase as compared to February 2011. It mentions that food prices increased from 7.8 percent in the second...
- Worse before it gets better. Steyn, Greta // Finweek;2/14/2008, p57
The author reflects on the impact of inflation rate on food and fuel prices which resulted to the increasing rate of consumer price index (CPIX) in South Africa. She states that neither food nor fuel prices reflect high consumer demand, and that interest rates are attacking the wrong source. She...
- What do the recent movements in oil prices imply for world inflation? // Bank of England Quarterly Bulletin;May2000, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p147
Discusses whether the effects of higher oil prices on domestic prices might differ across the major economies. Comparison of the movements in oil prices as March 2000 with the experience of the oil shocks in the 1970s; Factors that will determine the impact of higher oil prices on domestic...
- Inflation Down But Not Extinguished Completely. // Middle East Monitor: The Gulf;Oct2009, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p2
The article focuses on the fall of inflation from the report of the consumer price index (CPI) in Saudi Arabia. It states that the cost of index was down to 121.3 in May 2009 taking month-on-month inflation to just 0.1% and the year-on-year rate to 5.5%. It mentions that higher oil prices and...
- Inflation and Prices. // Economic Trends (07482922);Oct2000, p8
Presents an update on inflation and prices in the United States as of October 2000. Decline of the Consumer Price Index (CPI) in August 2000; Revision of CPI data by the Bureau of Labor; Link between the rise in oil prices and inflation.
- Chapter 4. Prices. // Montenegro Economic Trends;Feb2004, Issue 16, p30
Focuses on the main events that directly or indirectly affected inflation in Montenegro during 2003. Fluctuation of oil prices; Inflation of disaggregated consumer price index components; Cost of food consumer basket.
- Jordan: Fairly Stagnant Prices In 2009. // Emerging Markets Monitor;2/2/2009, Vol. 14 Issue 41, p17
This article predicts that Jordan's economy will post a flat growth or 0.0% in 2009 with inflation posting 2.0%. It explains that weak global demand for crude oil and soft commodity markets will weigh on consumer prices over the coming year. It notes that the consumer price index has fallen for...
- Inflation developments. // Inflation Report (National Bank of Moldova);May2012, Issue 2, p6
The article discusses the developments in inflation in Moldova as of May 2012. It states that the annual rate of inflation measure by consumer price index (CPI) constituted 6.2% in the first quarter of 2012, 2.3 percentage points lower than the fourth quarter of 2011. It highlights various...
- Pakistan's Inflation Moderates Slightly in June, Misses Fiscal Year Target. // Pakistan Country Monitor;Jul2010, p1
The article reports on the decline of Pakistan's consumer price index (CPI) inflation in June 2010, which is slightly lower than May's 13.1% rate.