Property Tax Fails To Address Housing Shortage
- Home & away. Walkley, Pam // Bulletin with Newsweek;09/19/2000, Vol. 118 Issue 6242, p70
Offers advice on obtaining a capital gains tax (CGT) exemption in Australia. Importance of living in the property for a minimum of 12 weeks before moving; Establishment of a unit trust; CGT trap with regard to a principal residence.
- Home not the heart of a CC or trust. // Finance Week;3/10/2003, p54
Reports on the deadline set for registering the transfer of a property into one's own name from ownership by a company, close corporation or trust in South Africa. Qualification for the capital gains tax primary residence exclusion; Efforts of the South African Revenue Service to clamp down on...
- The missing election issues. Cooper, Niall // Reform Magazine;May2015, p24
The author reflects on why he believes British homeowners who are reaping windfall profits from rising property values should be taxed to benefit the poor. Topics include the beneficiaries of the "benefits bill," why homeowners who sell their properties should pay capital gains taxes, and how...
- A nasty complication for the divorced. Napach, Bernice // Medical Economics;2/10/1997, Vol. 74 Issue 3, p24
Discusses a tax court ruling in the United States concerning the taxation of properties belonging to divorced people. Background of a tax case involving Curtis Perry; Rule concerning rollover of capital gains from the sale of a house.
- Good news Bad news. // Estates Gazette;5/15/2010, Issue 1019, p48
This section offers news briefs on real property in Great Britain as of May 15, 2010, including the decision of Liberal Democrats (LibDems) to drop its plan to introduce a mansion tax on properties worth over 2 million pounds, and the potential increase in capital gains tax paid by people with...
- No gains: no pain. // Builders Merchants Journal;Nov2003, p3
Comments on the proposed capital gains tax (CGT) on profits from real estate transactions in Great Britain. CGT on profits from sale of main place of residence; CGT on commercial leases.
- Liability under vacant possession agreement deductible for CGT. Greeves, Chris; Gable, Sonia // Accountancy;Feb1986, Vol. 97 Issue 1110, p42
Reports on the tax case 'Chaney v. Watkis,' about the liability under vacant possession agreement deductible for capital gain tax in Great Britain. Details of the case; Decision of the British High Court.
- Get real estate. Walkley, Pam // Bulletin with Newsweek;10/05/99, Vol. 117 Issue 6194, p74
Focuses on the impact of proposed capital gains tax changes on real estate investors in Australia. Offshoot of the Ralph report on Australia's tax system; Flow-through taxation of property trusts; Effects of a changed depreciation regime.
- Tax, statement on compulsory purchase. // Accountancy;Feb1972, Vol. 83 Issue 954, p90
Presents a statement made by the District Valuer on behalf of the Board of Inland Revenue of Great Britain about the liability to tax of compensation for temporary loss of profits and the allowability for tax of reimbursed removal expenses as of February 1973. Compensation for temporary loss of...