RISK SUMMARY: THAILAND
- Thailand: Country Forecast: Highlights. // Political Risk Yearbook: Thailand Country Report;2003, p3
Presents forecasts on the economy of Thailand as of October 2002. Expected recovery of the gross domestic product; Purpose of the cabinet reshuffle of Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra; Opportunities for foreign investments in the country.
- Thailand: Country Forecast: Forecast Scenarios. // Political Risk Yearbook: Thailand Country Report;2003, p15
Presents forecasts on the economy of Thailand under the leadership of the Thais Love Thais party of Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra. Decline in the corporate tax rate; Risks and uncertainties for economic recovery; Growth of gross domestic product.
- THAILAND: Country Forecast: Highlights. // Political Risk Yearbook: Thailand Country Report;2006, p3
Forecasts the political and economic conditions in Thailand. Growth in the country's gross domestic product, inflation and current account; Political and economic problems experienced by Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra; Consolidation of political power of the prime minister.
- Thailand Country Forecast. // Political Risk Yearbook: Thailand Country Report;2007, p3
The article offers political and economic forecasts for Thailand. The forecasted real gross domestic product for years 2007 to 2011 is 4.5 percent while 3.2 percent for inflation for the same time line. According to the author, a political crisis was temporarily resolved with the removal of...
- Thailand needs to tackle domestic crisis. Richardson, John // Asian Chemical News;1/27/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 387, p23
Reports on the criticism made by Bhumibol Adulyadej, King of Thailand, against the failure of prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra to improve the economy of the country. Goal for the country's economy; Forecast for gross domestic product in 2003; Threats faced by the Thailand economy; Market share...
- Thaksin's Landslide Win Brings Risks. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Mar2005, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p1
This article presents information related to the Thai primeminister Thaksin Shinawatra's landslide victory in the elections. The landslide victory of Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra's Thai Rak Tahi party in the February 6, 2005 general election carries several risks. Although Thai Prime...
- NUMBERS. // Time International (Atlantic Edition);7/9/2007, Vol. 170 Issue 1, p12
This article reports the important numbers and dollar amounts of sports issues, lawsuits, and anti-terrorism funding. It is reported that Thai Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra bid $162 million to buy Britain's Manchester City soccer Club. Judge Roy Pearson demanded $54 million in a lawsuit...
- DATA & FORECASTS. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Jun2005, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p3
The article presents a forecast on the economic growth in Thailand. Thai Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra, has said that economic growth in Thailand is likely to have been below 5 percent in the first quarter of 2005, but was confident that full-year growth would be above that figure. Without...
- Thailand: Landslide Win, Yet Risks Remain. // Emerging Markets Monitor;2/14/2005, Vol. 10 Issue 42, p5
Examines the level of investment risks in Thailand. Implication of the landslide victory of the party of Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra; Economic growth rate target of the prime minister; Move of the country's central bank to revise its economic growth forecast for 2005 because of the impact...