New National Airline Takes Off
- Transport Infrastructure. // India Infrastructure Report;Q1 2012, Issue 1, p35
The article offers a forecast on India's transport infrastructure. It predicts the sub-sector to experience negative growth in 2012 which is driven strong project pipeline for regional and international airports, as well as investor confidence in the country's aviation industry. It also...
- Forget the strikes-- fantastic days could be around the corner. Gray, Chris // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;8/6/2010, Issue 2923, p2
The article focuses on the rise in revenue, passenger numbers, and load factors of airlines despite the ash cloud crisis, the threat of strikes, and recession that continued the difficulties of travel agents in Great Britain.
- Experts See Better 2010 For The Airlines, But Caution. // AirGuide Business;2/8/2010, p1
The article reports on the prediction that 2010 is a better year for airlines, however, recovery is seen to be slow.
- Middle East: Aviation premiums up 5% in Jan-July. // MiddleEast Insurance Review;Nov2010, p9
The article presents a report from Aon's Airline Insurance Market Indicators that the cost of lead hull and liability premium for Middle East airlines will increase by 5% between January and July 2010.
- In brief. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;4/29/2011, Issue 2956, p6
The article offers news briefs related to the travel industry including the re-election of Daniele Broccoli as Britaly Travel managing director, the United Continental and American Airlines' plan to reduce capacity to cope with higher fuel cost, and the closure of Silverbird Travel after 25 years.
- Stacked Up. Mathews, Neelam // Aviation Week & Space Technology;7/28/2008, Vol. 169 Issue 4, p54
The article reports that Boeing is remaining positive on its outlook for India's airline industry despite the saturation of flights in the country. According to the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA), the growth rate of domestic air services has shrunk to 8% in June 2008 and is...
- Aviation in the Middle East: Light on its feet. Sfeir, Karim // MiddleEast Insurance Review;Jun2010, p31
The article offers information on how airlines seem to have emerged relatively unscathed and the role played by the insurance market in the Middle East in 2010. It states that the airline operators in the region have remained their seemingly stern development, in spite of the economic...
- Market Overview - Travel. // Brazil Tourism Report;Q1 2011, Issue 1, p15
The article presents an overview of the travel market in Brazil. The country's aviation industry is regulated by the Agencia Nacional de AviaÃ§Ã£o Civil (ANAC) and data from March 2008 showed international passenger arrivals hit 561,016. Brazil ranks 95th out of 130 countries in terms of...
- Manufacturing Still Dominant. // Latin America Monitor: Caribbean Monitor;Oct2004, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p6
Deals with the dominance of the manufacturing and service-related industries in the Puerto Rican economy in 2004. Transformation experienced by the economic sector; Potential of tourism industry to be a major contributor to the economic expansion of the country; Forecast on the performance of...