RISK SUMMARY: ESTONIA
- RISK SUMMARY: ESTONIA. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Oct2008, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p10
This section offers news briefs concerning Estonia. Estonian Prime Minister Andrus Ansip condemned Russia's action against Georgia, stating that the country is spreading imperialism. Short-term economic risk rating (STER) has been downgraded to 63.3 after economic growth forecasts were reduced....
- ONE BECOMES TWO. // Total Telecom+;Dec2014, p4
The article announces that former Estonian prime minister Andrus Ansip has been appointed vice-president of the digital single market by the European Commission.
- Local resources provide energy solution. // Baltic Times;5/30/2013, Vol. 10 Issue 830, p6
The article reports on the May 23, 2013 meeting between Estonian President Andrus Ansip and European Commission president Jose Manuel Barroso in Brussels, Belgium where the two discussed energy-related problems in the European Union and how they relate to Estonia.
- Baltic single market in prospect. // Utility Week;1/16/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p1
The article reports on the decision of the Baltic states to collaborate in the establishment of a joint electricity wholesale market covering Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania. Plans have also been proposed to join the Nordic electricity wholesale market in 2013. According to Andrus Ansip, Estonia's...
- Fears for Nordic-Baltic link. // Utility Week;5/29/2009, p11
The article discusses concerns on the joint Baltic-Sweden power interconnector agreement between Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania in April 2009. It notes that the signing was affected by perception on the differing energy strategies and goals of the three countries. It explains the impact of...
- Government Structure. // Estonia Country Review;2011, p49
The article examines the government structure in Estonia, which adopts a parliamentary form of government, in which President Toomas Ilves of state and of the executive branch since 2006 while Prime Minister Andrus Ansip is the head of government.
- Estonia. // Military Technology;2013, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p125
The article offers information related to Estonia and its defense forces structure, organization and inventories. It informs that the parliamentary republic is headed by President Toomas Hendrik lives and Prime Minister Andrus Ansip. It mentions that the state is divided in 15 counties. It...
- ESTONIA. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Russia, Ukraine & Baltics;Nov2004, Vol. 8 Issue 11, p6
The article discusses the political and economic situation of Estonia. Prime Minister Juhan Parts has signalled a willingness to soften the government's approach on the contentious issue of language in Estonia. Rather than follow the path of secondary education reform adopted by Latvia, which...
- Nonparametric estimation of a dependent competing risks model for unemployment durations. Berg, Gerard; Lomwel, A.; Ours, Jan // Empirical Economics;Jun2008, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p477
In this paper we simultaneously analyze transitions from unemployment to employment and to nonparticipation. We estimate a dependent competing risks model with nonparametric specifications of the destination-specific duration dependence and unobserved heterogeneity terms, allowing for mutual...