Koruna To Appreciate Ahead Of Euro Adoption
- Rate Cut Boosts Assets. // Emerging Markets Monitor;11/11/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 29, p16
Reports on the increase in Slovak assets following a monetary easing by the National Bank of Slovakia as of November 11, 2002. Impact of the cuts on fixed income valuations; Performance of the koruna currency.
- NBS Gains The Upper Hand...For Now. // Emerging Markets Monitor;8/2/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 16, p14
Reports on the economic conditions of Slovakia as of August 2004. Success of the National Bank of Slovakia in reining in the strength of the SKK currency; Level of foreign direct investment that will be attracted by the country; How the inward investment related imports will have a negative...
- Slovakia: Still Bullish On The Koruna. // Emerging Markets Monitor;12/6/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 33, p15
Focuses on the appreciation of the koruna currency of Slovakia as of December 6, 2004. Efforts of the National Bank of Slovakia to prevent the appreciation; Comparison between the real interest rate of Slovakia and Poland; Interest rate differential with the eurozone.
- Slovakia: Koruna Rise Too Rapid For NBS? // Emerging Markets Monitor;11/15/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 30, p15
Reports on the increase in consumer price index (CPI) of Slovakia in October 2004. Reasons behind the increase of CPI; Expected inflation rate and CPI of the National Bank of Slovakia in 2005; Projected gross domestic product growth in 2004; Factors that helped increase the koruna money.
- Slovakia: Rates On Hold In Short Term. // Emerging Markets Monitor;12/3/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 33, p17
The article focuses on the economic condition in Slovakia. The interest rate of the National Bank of Slovakia (NGS) was kept at 4.25 percent. Real gross domestic product (GDP) growth is seen to slow down. The authors predict that economic expansion will go down. A chart showing the 2-week repo...
- Slovakia: Rates Heading Up. // Emerging Markets Monitor;5/15/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p17
Reports on the plan of the National Bank of Slovakia to further increase its interest rates in May 2006. Impact of inflation on the country's economy; Increase in consumer price inflation; Increase in the country's gross domestic product; Percentage increase in retail sales and household...
- Profile: Elena Kohutikova. Barecz, Peter // Slovak Spectator;06/12/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 23, p1
Profiles Elena Kohutikova, vice-governor of the National Bank of Slovakia (NBS). Her contributions in shaping the country's economy; Her favorite pastimes; Background on her career with the NBS.
- Rate Cut Boosts Assets. // Emerging Europe Financial Alert;11/11/2002, Vol. 1 Issue 24, p5
Slovak assets, already lifted once by the positive outcome of the Irish referendum on EU enlargement on October 19, received a further boost last week from the latest round of monetary easing by the National Bank of Slovakia (NBS). As expected by BMI(see 21 October 2002, Bratislava Looks Ahead),...
- Slovakia's current account has surplus in May. // Regional Today;7/31/2014, p2
The article reports that the current account balance of Slovakia indicated a 149 million euros in May 2014 compared to the revised surplus of 57 million euros in April, according to data released by the National Bank of Slovakia.