RISK SUMMARY: SLOVAKIA
- CZECH REPUBLIC: RISK SUMMARY. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Apr2010, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p6
The article reports on the political, economic and business risk in the Czech Republic as of April 2010, highlighting rising unemployment, the appeal of far-right Czech Worker's Party leader Tomas Vandas on the ban imposed by the Constitutional Court, and the launch of an automobile model by...
- Country Risk Summary: BARBADOS. // Latin America Monitor: Caribbean Monitor;Oct2004, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p2
Provides a summary of the country risk faced by Barbados as of October 2004. Debate between the ruling Barbados Labour Party and the opposition Democratic Labour Party on public housing; Stability of the political climate in the country; Increase in unemployment rate.
- RISK SUMMARY. // Latin America Monitor: Southern Cone Monitor;Dec2005, Vol. 22 Issue 12, p2
Presents an update on economic and political risks in Argentina as of December 2005. Establishment of the Peronismo Federal political party; Details of the negotiation surrounding the creation of the Free Trade Area of the Americas; Incidence of corruption in the country.
- Churches criticize political parties. // National Catholic Reporter;04/25/97, Vol. 33 Issue 25, p9
Features the report from the Council of Churches for Britain and Ireland criticizing Britain's political parties for failing to address the issue of unemployment on their election campaigns. Promise of the political parties of tax cuts to the rich.
- 3. MACRO-ACCESSIBILITY IN CHINA: 3.4. POLITICAL RISKS. // Solar Photovoltaic Development in China: A Strategic Reference, ;2004, p23
The article focuses on issues related to politics in China. The Chinese Communist Party continues to dominate the entire political system, with members occupying most senior positions at all levels of public administration. Its leaders make all major policy decisions, which provincial...
- Clear Mandate For New Govt, But Little Change. // Latin America Monitor: Caribbean Monitor;Jun2012, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p1
The article discusses the projected development in Jamaica amid the strong mandate of the People's National Party. The loss of the Jamaica Labour Party may be attributed to controversial issues, high unemployment rate and unsubstantial growth. The report concludes the need for fiscal...
- Arvind Kejriwal -- The Man and His Message. Bhushan, Abhay; Kurup, Pran // India Currents;Nov2013, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p20
An interview with Arvind Kejriwal, founder of political party Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) in India, is presented. When asked about the three tenets of political success, he refers to the goal of AAP which is to change the politics of India by fighting corruption. Kejriwal describes his vision for...
- Risk Summary. // Algeria Oil & Gas Report;Q2 2010, p35
The article offers an overview of political, economic, and business environment risk in Algeria as of April 2010. In protest at a court ruling that resulted in the release of two Algerian Islamist militants, the government recalled its ambassador from Mauritania. According to the Office...
- RISK SUMMARY: ROMANIA. // Emerging Europe Monitor: South East Europe Monitor;Jan2008, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p4
The article offers political, economic and business environment developments in Romania. The Democratic Party (PD) won in the first European Parliament election. The government of Romania receives disapproval for their irregular spending. Romania is under examination due to the stopping of its...