RISK SUMMARY: CZECH REPUBLIC
- Annus horribilis. Montero, Ana // Finweek;3/26/2009 Supplement, p118
The article analyzes the future of retail sector in South Africa (SA). It notes on the region's retail sector that has experienced a horrible year in 2008 after it experienced nine consecutive months of contractions in overall sales, according to Statistics SA due to factors of slow consumer...
- EDITORIAL. Davies, Ross L. // European Retail Digest;Autumn96, Issue 12, p3
Editorial. Comments on the effects of the introduction of a single Euro-currency on the retail trade. Total cost across Europe of converting check-out tills and developing dual banking procedures; Prominent elections which may impact the retail industry around the world.
- Be prepared. Dyer, Stuart // Money Marketing;5/6/2010, p26
In this article, the author offers comments on the retail distribution review.
- Fearing change. // Business Mexico;Jul2000, Vol. 10 Issue 7, p8
Focuses on storeowners' reluctance to make change for peso bills in Mexico. Retailers' failure to utilize the Central Bank's exchange centers; Psychological causes of the problem.
- Who Has Change for a Euro? // Treasury & Risk Management;Dec/Jan2002, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p14
Reports on the impact of the euro currency on retailers in Europe. Reaction to the European Central Bank's decision not to distribute euro notes outside of the banking system before January 1, 2002; Fears of a currency crash; Concerns regarding a currency shortage.
- Beyond year 2000, focus on the EMU. Sender, Isabelle // Chain Store Age;Oct97, Vol. 73 Issue 10, p198
Relates how business retailers in Western Europe prepare their financial systems to accept transaction based on the Economic and Monetary Union (EMU). Impact of euro currency on business; Importance of EMU; Advantages of EMU according to Martin Mackay, European financial product strategy...
- Scottish FSA review risks causing chaos. // Grocer;9/17/2011, Vol. 234 Issue 8022, p8
The article reports that retailers in Great Britain are facing risks related to cross-border chaos under the possible elimination of the functions of the Food Standards Agency (FSA) in Scotland.
- The Troubled Future of Retailing. Bates, Albert D. // Business Horizons;Aug76, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p22
If the environmental pressures currently experienced by retailers continue for much longer, it is very likely that increasing numbers of retailers will be attracted to risk minimization, total rationalization and intensive positioning as potential strategies. If this does occur, there are...
- Customer Privacy as a Competitive Advantage in the Retail Industry. Larson, Mark // Retail Merchandiser;Feb2002, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p58
Reports that privacy is the main issue confronting retailers in the United States in 2002. Phases of privacy risk management; Importance of the management process to retailers.