RISK SUMMARY: LITHUANIA
- RISK SUMMARY: LITHUANIA. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Aug2005, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p12
The article discusses political and economic risks related to Lithuania. Viktor Uspaskich, the Russian-born economy minister and founder of the Labour Party--the largest in the four-party governing coalition--has resigned both his ministerial position and parliamentary seat after the...
- RISK SUMMARY: LITHUANIA. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Nov2006, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p12
The article focuses on the political and economic risks in Lithuania. The Lithuanian prime minister has urged all political parties to support the drive against graft and corruption. The Labor Party's condition of being currently under investigation for financial crimes is expected to strengthen...
- Lithuania. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Republic of Lithuani;Jul2010, p1
The article offers facts and information about Lithuania. The country has a land area of 65,200 square kilometers. Cities and towns are Vilnius, which is the capital city, Kaunas, Klaipeda and Siauliai. Total population as of 2009 was recorded at 3,331,194. Its form of government is...
- CIA: The World Factbook: Lithuania. // CIA World Fact Book;2009, p376
The article provides a country profile of Lithuania, with details on the country's background, geography and population. It presents information on the nation's politics and government, including its legal system, administrative divisions and major political parties. It also includes its...
- LITHUANIA: RISK SUMMARY. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Mar2010, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p11
The article offers news briefs in Lithuania including the political risk, economic risk and business.
- LITHUANIA: RISK SUMMARY. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jun2010, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p11
The article presents that political, economic and business risks of Lithuania in 2010 which include the forecast for increase in political strike action, the decline in retail sales and the 6.4% year-on-year drop in revenues.
- LITHUANIA: RISK SUMMARY. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Dec2010, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p11
The article offers outlooks regarding the risks of political, economy and business environment in Lithuania, wherein, its political risk rating remains at 69.6 in December 2010 due to poor social stability, while its real gross domestic product (GDP) growth will remain subdued, with the...
- LITHUANIA: RISK SUMMARY. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;
The article reports on the political, economic, and business environment risks in Lithuania including the political relationship of the country between Belarus, the revision of the short-term economic risk rating on account of a downgrade to its fiscal score, and the plan to free up the gas...
- LITHUANIA: RISK SUMMARY. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Nov2010, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p11
The article provides an overview of the political, economic, and business risks in Lithuania for 2010 and beyond, which involve the revamp of energy policy, disruptions of gas supply, and the country's accession to eurozone by 2015.