RISK SUMMARY: HUNGARY
- Country Forecast. // Political Risk Yearbook: Hungary Country Report;2009, p2
The article discusses political and economic forecasts for Hungary. Prime Minster Ferenc GyurscÂ´ny failed to win in a referendum dedicated to two controversial fiscal reforms. In 2007, the country posted the lowest economic development growth rate among the 27 member countries of the European...
- EBRD raises Hungary GDP projection. // Hungary A.M.;11/12/2013, p3
The article reports that the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development is eyeing a 1.2 gross domestic product growth in Hungary in 2014 based on a report published in November 11, 2013, up from 0.9 percent in a projection released in May 2013.
- Analysts: GDP growth of 2.5% to 3% for 2014. // Hungary A.M.;5/16/2014, p1
The article presents the forecast by economic market analysts on the growth of gross domestic products (GDP) of Hungary in 2014.
- City upgrades Hungary growth forecast on robust auto sector and policy stimulus. // Hungary A.M.;11/11/2013, p6
The article reports on the announcement by JP Morgan that it had upgraded its forecast for the gross domestic product (GDP) growth of Hungary on the back of a robust automobile sector as well as fiscal and monetary easing.
- Country Forecast. // Political Risk Yearbook: Hungary Country Report;2010, p2
The article presents forecasts on the economic and political status of Hungary. It analyzes the move of Prime Minister Ferenc GyurcsÃ¡ny to give up his position after winning re-election as Magyar Szocialista PÃ¡rt (MSZP) leader in March 2009. The potential return to power of Fidesz is also...
- Greater Easing Expected. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jun2007, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p5
The article presents economic outlooks for Hungary for 2007 and 2008. Taszlo Akar, chief executive officer of a leading domestic forecasting agency, says that gross domestic product (GDP) could grow as high much as 3 percent. Interest rates are expected to decline. Outlooks on foreign debt,...
- Economy To Contract By 6.4%. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;May2009, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p1
The article considers the possible contraction of the Hungarian economy by 6.4 percent in real terms in 2009. According to final national accounts data, the country's gross domestic product (GDP) contracted by 2.3 percent in real annualised terms in the fourth quarter of 2008. The expected 6.4...
- Economy To Underperform Through To 2014. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Mar2010, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p4
The article reports on the economic outlook for Hungary for 2010. It is expected that the economy will remain weak in 2010 and the real gross domestic product (GDP) will expand by only 0.1%. It is projected that the export sector will be forced to drive growth going forward. It is also...
- Real GDP To Expand 1.1% In 2010. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jul2010, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p4
The article reports the implication of economic stability in Hungary. It focuses on the 1.1 percent of 2010 economic growth as forecasted through the effects in trade by the export sector. The implication of the recovery and the demand condition may not be enough to recover economy which was...