RISK SUMMARY: LITHUANIA
- LITHUANIA: RISK SUMMARY. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Nov2005, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p12
The article focuses on the political, economic and business risks of Lithuania. The government is to ask parliament for approval for a LTL3 billion loan to purchase shares in the Mazeikiu Nafta oil refinery from the Netherlands-based subsidiary of the embattled Russian oil company Yukos Oil...
- Background Note: Lithuania. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Republic of Lithuani;Dec2004, p1
Presents geographic and demographic information on Lithuania. Climate; Type of government; Political parties established in the country; Economic conditions.
- PROFILE. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Republic of Lithuani;3/ 1/2011, p2
This article presents information on Lithuania. Its climate is humid continental, with a moderating maritime influence from the Baltic Sea. The estimated population of Lithuania in 2011 is 3,239,032. This entry also includes information on the country's main cities, ethnic groups, religion,...
- RISK SUMMARY: LITHUANIA. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jul2006, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p12
Offers economic and political outlook for Lithuania for 2006. Possibility of fresh elections after the coalition government collapsed at the end of May 2006; Expected slowdown in real gross domestic product growth; Factors contributing to the bureaucracy ranking of the country in the world.
- Background Note: Lithuania. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Republic of Lithuani;Apr2004, p1
Presents a historical, economic and political background of Lithuania. Amount of the gross domestic production of the country in 2002; Information on the earliest habitats of the country; Percentage of the economy of the country that are privately owned; Unemployment rate in 2002.
- PROFILE. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Republic of Lithuani;Feb2008, p1
The article presents information on Lithuania. A description of the country's terrain is presented. Based on the 2001 census, the religions practiced by the Lithuanians include Roman Catholic and Russian Orthodox. Lithuania's political parties include Social Democrats and Peasant Nationalists....
- CIA: The World Factbook: Lithuania. // CIA World Fact Book;2011, p393
The article presents facts on Eastern European country Lithuania as of 2011. It says that it has an estimated population of 3,535,547 Lithuanians who speak several languages including Polish, Russian, and Lithuanian. It mentions that the country is headed by President Dalia Grybauskaite and...
- CIA: The World Factbook: Lithuania. // CIA World Fact Book;2006, p148
The article presents information on Lithuania, located in Eastern Europe, bordering the Baltic Sea between Latvia and Russia. It offers data on geography and people. It mentions the type of government, administrative divisions and legislative and executive branches. The article also provides an...
- RISK SUMMARY: LITHUANIA. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jan2007, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p12
The article provides an overview of the political, economic and business risks in Lithuania. Prime Minister Gediminas Kirkilas reportedly promised to resign if corruption in the country will not decline during his term. Meanwhile, the central bank's macroeconomic projections indicate that the...