RISK SUMMARY: POLAND
- Spending To Boost Popularity. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Nov2007, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p4
The article discusses political and economic issues in Poland. On September 5, 2007, the Polish parliament passed several spending measures in an effort to shore up popular support in the run-up to the snap elections. According to the article, the approved increase in public wages could lead to...
- Country Conditions. // Political Risk Yearbook: Poland Country Report;1/ 1/2013, p1
The article discusses the economic and political conditions in Poland. It describes the significance of foreign investments to economic transformation, noting that investors find the low-cost work force and European Union (EU) membership of the country as appealing. The adoption of EU...
- Poland: Country Forecast: Current Data. // Political Risk Yearbook: Poland Country Report;2005, p5
Reports on the economic conditions in Poland in 2004. Political fact sheet; Domestic economic indicators; International economic indicators; Social indicators; Regional real GDP growth; Regional inflation rates; Economic performance profile; Population; Work force distribution.
- Poland: Country Forecast: Forecast Scenarios. // Political Risk Yearbook: Poland Country Report;2005, p13
Presents forecasts for Poland in 2004. Forces that confront the government; Scenarios under various political regimes; opportunities for investors; Inflation; Economic forecasts.
- POLAND: Country Forecast: Current Data. // Political Risk Yearbook: Poland Country Report;2006, p5
Presents information on political and economic conditions of Poland in 2006. Public officials in the country; Performance of domestic economic indicators of the country from 2000 to 2004 including inflation rate and capital investment; Social indicators such as urban population and infant deaths.
- Country Risk Summary: POLAND. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe;May2004, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p4
The article focuses on political and economic risks of Poland. Following his departure from the ruling SLD party, Polish Prime Minister Leszek Miller has confirmed that he will also resign as prime minister with effect from May 2, 2004. The struggle to replace Miller has so far been...
- Poland. // Political Risk Yearbook: Poland Country Report;2011, preceding pPRI-1
A political risk report for Poland as of November 2010 is presented. The country's overall standing in the Global Political Risk Services (PRS) Risk Index is provided. Highlights of the forecast for Poland include a low risk to international business, 3.5% real gross domestic product (GDP)...
- Country Reports - Poland. // Poland Country Monitor;6/ 1/2014, p1
The article presents a political and economic outlook of Poland as of June 5, 2014. An overview of the country's domestic political scene and international relations is provided as well as the structure of its government. Updates on its economic condition are offered, along with its policy...
- RISK SUMMARY: POLAND. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jan2007, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p4
The article summarizes the political, economic and business risks in Poland. In an effort to centralize power, the ruling PiS party is seeking to veto the regional government spending of European Union (EU) funds. It has also refused to withdraw a veto blocking the EU-Russia treaty talks in...