Current Account Deficit To Halve In 2007
- External Sector: Outlook. // Slovakia Country Monitor;Nov2011, p19
The article presents economic forecasts related to external sector in Slovakia. It states that the trend of foreign trade surpluses in 2009-2010 is expected to continue over the next years. It says that import growth is figured to alleviate at moderate levels. Moreover, several graphs and table...
- Assessing The Fiscal Package. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Feb2007, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p9
The article presents forecasts on the fiscal affairs and macroeconomic condition of Slovakia for 2007. The government has increased its projected revenue by 2.7 billion koruna, or .15% of expected gross domestic product. Outlook on inflation, unemployment, foreign exchanges, trade balance,...
- C/A Deficit To Narrow. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;May2009, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p8
The article addresses the possible narrowing of Slovakia's current account deficit in 2009 to 2 percent of gross domestic product (GDP). According to the National Bank of Slovakia (NBS), the current account deficit of the country increased to US$5.2 billion from January to November 2009....
- 2011 Recovery To Widen C/A Deficit. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Apr2011, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p8
The article offers information on the outlook of the economy of Slovakia in 2011 based on the forecast of Business Monitor International (BMI) Ltd. It says that because of the decrease in trade surplus and increased income account deficit, the current account deficit of the country will grow by...
- Growth To Accelerate From 2006. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Aug2005, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p1
The article reports that a weakening of the net export position is likely to pare back the rate of overall economic expansion in Slovakia this year. Slovak Statistical Office released Q1,05 national accounts data showing household final consumption maintaining the upswing that began in 2004,...
- C/A Deficit To Narrow. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jan2009, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p8
The article predicts a reduction in the current account (C/A) deficit of Slovakia for 2009, according to the Business Monitor International (BMI). According to BMI, the ongoing deterioration in Slovakia's external environment will result to C/A deficit to narrow through the medium term. BMI pegs...
- Economic Briefs. Holt, Ed // Slovak Spectator;05/01/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 17, p3
Presents news briefs related to the economy of Slovakia for the period of May 1 to 7, 2000. Acceptance of repo sterilization bids by the National Bank of Slovakia; Balance of payments deficit in January 2000; Growth in the fixed exchange-rate money supply.
- Slovakia. // Slovakia Country Monitor;Oct98, pN.PAG
Presents analyses, forecasts and statistics for the economy of Slovakia as of October 1998.
- Slovakia // Slovakia Country Monitor;Jan1999, pN.PAG
Presents analyses, statistics and forecasts on the economy of Slovakia as of January 1999