Regional Stability Key For Neighbours
- A New Hope. Modi, Vikram // Harvard International Review;Winter2007, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p8
The author reflects on the potential growth of the Thai economy under the military government after the ouster of former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra in a coup d'etat on September 19, 2006. He notes that the government has progressed in addressing Muslim insurgency in the country. He...
- Thailand -- SETI: Promising Long-Term. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Dec2007, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p3
The article provides a forecast on the economic conditions of Thailand for 2008 which may result after the country's election of a new government in December 23, 2007. With the country's political circumstances returning to normal, it is expected that the country's economic status will improve...
- Background Note: Thailand. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Kingdom of Thailand;Aug2006, p1
The article focuses on the political condition, economy and history of Thailand. The country was officially named Kingdom of Thailand which its area measured 513,115 square kilometer, and population would sum up to 64.6 million. The country has a constitutional monarchy type of government....
- Country Risk Summary: THAILAND. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Dec2002, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p4
Focuses on the political and economic conditions of Thailand. Border problem of the country; Budget deficit of the country; Business environment of the country.
- Country Risk Summary: THAILAND. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Jan2003, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p4
Focuses on the economic and political conditions in Thailand. Corruption in the government; Growth in industrial output; Plans of government regarding foreign retailers.
- Country Risk Summary: THAILAND. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Mar2003, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p2
Reports on political and economic condition of Thailand as of March 2003. Foreign relations of the country with its neighbors; Decrease in unemployment.
- Misplaced Worry Over Travel Receipts. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Jul2003, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p2
Focuses on political and economic conditions of Thailand. Effects of the U.S.-led war on Iraq and the outbreak of Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome on the economy of Thailand; Forecast on economic growth of the country; Factors that are going to affect the relations between Thailand and Myanmar.
- THAILAND: RISK SUMMARY. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Oct2010, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p2
The article highlights some political, economic, and business issues in Thailand, including the performance of the Democratic Party in the recent elections, easing of immigrant labor rules, and anti-dumping and fair competition laws.
- Executive Summuar. // Thailand Business Forecast Report;2008 3rd Quarter, p5
The article presents an outlook of the economy and political conditions in Thailand with its new administration.