Growing Regional Disparity
- Business Environment Ranking. // India Oil & Gas Report;Q1 2008, p27
The article focuses on the changes in the league table of business environment ratings in Asia Pacific Region. The strength of energy demand growth remains the key positive factor in the region, with oil and gas output growth potential only moderate. State involvement is generally high and the...
- Oil & Gas Ratings: Revised Methodology. // Japan Oil & Gas Report;Q4 2009, p56
The article focuses on the revised methodology of Oil & Gas Business Environment Ratings brought by Business Monitor International Ltd. (BMI). The approach extends on the differentiation of upstream/downstream and the identification of objective indicators that may serve as proxies for trends...
- Business Environment Score. // India Oil & Gas Report;Q1 2008, p29
The article focuses on the Business Monitor International (BMI) Business Environment Ranking of India in the Asia Pacific region. The country receives a higher composite score of 36, which still ranks the country equal third out of the 14 states included in the region. Using the BMI Country Risk...
- Growing Regional Disparity. // Asia Monitor: South Asia Monitor;Nov2007, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p3
The article presents the Business Environment Ratings in Asian countries. The statistical data are derived from 167 countries based on institutions, infrastructures and market orientation which show that the business environment in Asia is declining. They also reveal the shortage of...
- Convergence To Underpin Business Environment. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Nov2007, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p3
The article provides information on Business Monitor International's (BMI) Business Environment (BE) Ratings system. According to the article, European Union (EU) membership provides the strongest anchor for a robust business environment in the emerging Europe region remain. The article notes...
- Sonoco Ranked in 'Best Corporate Citizens List'. // Official Board Markets;3/28/2009, Vol. 85 Issue 13, p22
The article reports that Sonoco Corp. was ranked number 27 in the "Corporate Responsibility Officer" (CRO) magazine in the U.S. The article states that the Best Corporate Citizens List for 2009 is released to the public wherein companies listed operate in seven essential business areas. In...
- Argentina: Deterioration in the business climate. // Secured Lender;Sep2012, Vol. 68 Issue 8, p13
The article reports on the decision of Coface to cut its rating for the business climate in Argentina from B to C after enforcing restrictive exchange controls and increasing interventionism of the government which is undermining household and business confidence.
- Is the Asian flu fatal? // Reason;May98, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p18
Discusses the economic crisis experienced by Asian countries in 1997. Information on how the crisis emerged; Factors that contributed to the emergence of the crisis; Discussion on the similarities of the event to the crisis that Mexico experienced in the 1980s.
- Word is... // U.S. Banker;Dec2003, Vol. 113 Issue 12, p20
Presents news and developments concerning economics and finance compiled as of December 2003. Economic growth projections in Asia; Activities and investigations of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission; Career of Meyer Feldberg as executive at Columbia's leadership and ethics center.