Assessing Currency Vulnerabilities
- Indonesia: End-2009 Rupiah Target Raised To IDR9,500/US$. // Emerging Markets Monitor;9/28/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 25, p7
The article reports on the increased end-2009 rupiah target for Indonesia in view of the continued strength in the country's assets. It cites the strong domestic economy of Indonesia, which analysts believe will cushion against any weakness in external demand over the coming quarters. The...
- Exchange Rates: Outlook. // Indonesia Country Monitor;Jan2012, p10
The article presents outlook on the exchange rates for Indonesia. It states that the country's rupiah is fundamentally well supported by strong external balances, such as higher inflows of foreign capital and trade surpluses, but it is vulnerable to panicky selling in terms of heightened...
- Indonesian Rupiah To IDR10,500/US$. // Emerging Markets Monitor;8/22/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 19, p7
Reports on the decline of the foreign exchange rate of rupiah in Indonesia, in August 2005. Exchange rate of the currency; Overview of the four-day instrument with interest rate to be offered by Bank Indonesia; Factors that caused the country's currency rate.
- Slow and Steady Wins the Race? Prabhaker, Paul // Siliconindia;Jul2002, Vol. 6 Issue 7, p58
Analyzes the decline of rupee value as of July 2002. Factors for the decline in rupee value, such as inflation rate and foreign exchange reserves; Reasons for the difficulty in predicting the direction of the rupee.
- Rupee may look up only after June 2014. // India Business Journal;Sep2013, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p51
The article offers a look at the exchange-rate performance of the Indian rupee against the U.S. dollar in September 2013.
- Rupee weakens to 20-month low, may correct to 65/$. // FRPT- Finance Snapshot;5/10/2015, p15
The article reports that most recent data show that the rupee breached the 64 rupees per dollar mark, and that even though it has weakened by 2.8 percent against the dollar since end-March 2015, market participants say more correction is due and the currency could even touch the 65 per dollar mark.
- Rupee closes below 67. // Telegraph (Calcutta, India);12/15/2015, p10
The article reports that an interest rate hike by the U.S. Federal Reserve led to the Indian rupee falling below the 67-mark to close at more than a two-year low of 67.09 against the dollar.
- EFFECT OF MACRO ECONOMIC FACTORS ON RUPEE VALUE. Khera, Kanika; Singh, Inderpal // Delhi Business Review;Jan-Jun2015, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p87
THE price of one currency in terms of another currency (exchange rate) is a very important variable for an open economy in the global market, because it affects the overall economic performance and growth of the economy. So, the relationship between exchange rate and the related macro-economic...
- Falling Indian rupee makes polymer imports costlier. // Popular Plastics & Packaging;Oct2011, Vol. 56 Issue 10, p55
The article reports that the decline of Indian rupee against the dollar is pushing higher the cost of polymer resins and causing concerns among local buyers.