DATA & FORECASTS
- Japan: Rates Rise, But Next Move Will Wait. // Emerging Markets Monitor;2/26/2007, Vol. 12 Issue 44, p10
The article reports on the increase in exchange rates in Japan. The author mentions that even if the Bank of Japan increased its overnight call rate to 0.50 percent, the pace of monetary tightening in the country will be slow. The author also states that economists still believe that the next...
- Explanatory notes. // Main Economic Indicators -- Principaux indicteurs economiques;Feb2004, Vol. 2004 Issue 2, p247
Explains the short-term indicators published in "Main Economic Indicators" journal. Information on the basis of national accounts; Discussion on the design of composite leading indicators; Criteria to determine composite leading indicators; Definitions of short-term interest rates for...
- Exchange Rates: Recent Developments. // Mexico Country Monitor;Jan2012, p17
The article reports on the economic developments of Mexico, focusing on exchange rates in 2011. The Mexican peso shows high volatility in November driven by the lack of confidence of the international markets. In October, the country's currency has recovered only partially after a sharp...
- Country Reports: Panama. // Panama Country Monitor;2014, p1
The article presents charts and graphs containing economic, social, and political data related to Panama in 2014 which include taxation, economic growth, and exchange rates.
- ECONOMY. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Cambodia;1/12/2010, p7
Information on the economy of Cambodia, including its economic policies, industrial output and employment condition, is presented.
- Capital Requirement Hikes Show Reformist Credentials. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Nov2008, Vol. 19 Issue 11, p6
The article forecasts the economic condition of Cambodia for 2008-2009. The government's move to strengthen its banking sector through increasing the capital requirement for banks operating in the country underscores its commitment on the reformist agenda. The government's reformist agenda is...
- IHS Global Insight Report: Guatemala (Country Intelligence). // Guatemala Country Monitor;Jan2010, p1
The January 26, 2010 issue of "IHS Global Insight Country Report: Guatemala (Country Intelligence)" is presented. The issue provides Guatemala's several economic issues to be faced in 2010 including the country's latest economic indicators, inflation rates, and fiscal policies. Moreover, it also...
- Economic Structure and Context: Development and Strategy. // Panama Country Monitor;Aug2010, p11
The article reports on the economic development of Panama from 1990-2010. It states that the average annual gross domestic product (GDP) of the country has increased by 4.2% per year during the 1990s due to economic growth. It adds that the country is attractive to investors because it uses U.S....
- Peso Continues To Climb Against The US Dollar. // Latin America Monitor: Mexico Monitor;Sep2005, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p3
Presents an outlook on the rise of the Mexican peso against the U.S. dollar. Economic activity of Mexico in 2005; Role of political stability in the rise of peso against the U.S. dollar; Impact of the 2006 presidential elections on economic development.