DATA & FORECASTS
- Economy Faces Slow Year Ahead. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Apr2007, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p1
The article focuses on the slow expansion of the economy in Thailand. The country's economy is expected to expand slower in 2007 than in 2006 if the government fails to speed budget spending. It states that the decline in private consumption, government spending and investment growth in 2006...
- Country Intelligence: Report: Thailand. // Thailand Country Monitor;Aug2013, p1
The article offers an overview and forecast on the economy of Thailand as of August 1, 2013. It states that the country's economy grew by 6.5% in 2012 due to post-flood surge in investment and consumption. It mentions that inflation remains low despite rapid economic growth and higher incomes....
- THB: Feeling The Weight Of Trade Deicit And Capital Outlows. // Emerging Markets Monitor;7/2/2012, Vol. 18 Issue 14, p8
The article discusses the economic outlook for Thailand. Due to global economic risks, it is noted that there is a possibility that the Thai baht will continue to depreciate. The outperforming status of Thai equities resulted to the bullish view of investors toward the Thai economy. Despite of...
- Outlook and Assumptions: Outlook. // Thailand Country Monitor;Mar2012, p3
The article forecasts the economic condition of Thailand as of February 2012. The economy is expected to expand by 4.1 percent due to the increase in reconstruction activity following extensive flooding, however it notes that growth depends on the speed of implementation. It notes that consumer...
- Economic Growth: Consumer Demand - Outlook. // Thailand Country Monitor;Mar2012, p6
The article forecasts the economic performance of Thailand as of March 2012 with regards to its consumer demand which is expected to weaken following devastating floods that led to a sharp decline in discretionary spending in late 2011 and early 2012.
- Economic Growth: Consumer Demand - Outlook. // Thailand Country Monitor;Jan2012, p6
The article presents consumer demand outlook for the economic growth of Thailand for 2012 wherein it forecasts that replacement purchases have the ability to drive some consumer spending.
- Economic Growth: Consumer Demand - Outlook. // Thailand Country Monitor;Feb2012, p6
The article discusses the economic outlook in Thailand for 2012 with information including on consumer spending, private consumption, and labor market dynamics.
- Chapter 3: 10-Year Forecast. Allsopp, Stuart; Anderson, Kathryn // Thailand Business Forecast Report;Q2 2012, Issue 2, p21
The article presents a long-term economic outlook for Thailand from 2011-2021 including its exports, transport infrastructure, and economic growth.
- Thailand's economy grew. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;11/18/2014, pA02
Thailand's economy grew 0.6% in Q3, better than its 0.4% gain in Q2 but less than the new military government hoped for and lower than economists expected. Thailand expects 1% growth this year, down from 1.5%-2% seen earlier.