Reforms Remain Key
- Coalition Appears To Reach Agreement On Reforms. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Aug2007, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p3
The article presents a political outlook for Hungary. According to the author, the coalition government has the ability to move forward on key reforms and overhaul of the coalition agreement. Long delays on resolving the crucial issue of healthcare reforms have seen approval ratings for the...
- chapter 1: Political Outlook. // Hungary Business Forecast Report;2007 Quarter1, p5
The article focuses on the political condition of Hungary. The triumph of the ruling Socialist Party, in coalition with the smaller Alliance of Free Democrats in April 2006 general elections, was known to be more decisive than forecasted. One strength found during the process of political...
- IMPORTANT NOTICE: POLAND. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Feb2013, Vol. 20 Issue 2, preceding p1
The article focuses on political risk and macroeconomic prospects of Poland and neighboring countries including Hungary and Czech Republic. It informs that financial crisis of Poland will decrease from 4.3 percent in 2011 to three percent in 2012. Coalition between Hungary's opposition Socialist...
- Letter from Budapest. Dent, Bob // New Statesman & Society;5/20/94, Vol. 7 Issue 303, p11
Focuses on the May 8, 1994 general elections in Hungary. Dominance of Socialist Party; Alliance of Free Democrats' emphasis on social and welfare issues; Hungarians' response to racist ultra-nationalism.
- Socialists to appeal Municipal Election Changes. // Hungary A.M.;6/4/2014, p4
The article reports on the appeal of the Socialist Party over the proposal of their Fidesz counterpart in changing the system of municipal election in Budapest, Hungary.
- Socialists could move HQ. // Hungary A.M.;9/2/2014, p4
The article discusses likely shifting of headquarters of the Hungarian opposition Socialist Party in Budapest, Hungary and mentions remodeling the building for other use.
- Capitalist care: Will the Coalition governmentï¿½s ï¿½reformsï¿½ move the NHS further toward a US-style healthcare market? Moody, Kim // Capital & Class;Oct2011, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p415
The Coalition governmentï¿½s plans for reform are meant to transform the NHS into a more privately run, competitive system, raising the question as to whether or not the NHS is likely to resemble the US capitalist healthcare industry. The US system will be examined for comparative purposes,...
- Hungary after the elections: Political polarization? You ain't seen nothing yet. Sunley, Johnathan // Budapest Business Journal;4/29/2002, Vol. 10 Issue 21, p27
Comments on the politics and government of Hungary. Reactions on the outcome of the voting elections; Names of political parties in the election; Problems face by Pï¿½ter Medgyessy, candidate for prime minister under the Socialist party.
- Upcoming events. // Hungary A.M.;06/12/2013, p7
The article offers information on the Business Forum with Attila MesterhÃ¡zy, President of the Hungarian Socialist Party which was organized by the American Chamber of Commerce in Hungary, to be held at the InterContinental Budapest in Budapest, Hungary on June 27, 2013.