Easing Cycle To Continue
- MNB continues easing cycle. // Hungary A.M.;02/27/2013, p1
The article focuses on a rate-setting meeting held as of February 2013 in which the National Bank of Hungary's Monetary Council decided to cut the central bank's key rate by another 25bp to 5.25 percent. The council said that further easing could be possible if the medium-term outlook for...
- Rate cut follows record low CPI. // Budapest Business Journal;10/29/2001, Vol. 9 Issue 48, p6
Reports on the cutting of benchmark interest rate of the National Bank of Hungary. Forecast on the slow of Hungarian economic growth; Effects of inflation on the annual rate; Percentage decrease of oil prices.
- Credibility Is Key As Rates Head Upwards. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Sep2006, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p3
This article reports on the decision of the National Bank of Hungary to increase interest rates in July 2006. The move of the central bank underpins the view of the Business Monitor International (BMI) that policy rates heading towards eight percent. Some factors that prompted the central bank...
- Hungary: Rate Outlook Clouded. // Emerging Markets Monitor;11/27/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 32, p19
The article discusses the decision of the National Bank of Hungary to keep interest rates on hold at 8% in November 2006. Issues concerning inflationary pressures associated with fiscal austerity package of the country are addressed. It reveals the 2008 average inflation projection of the bank....
- Hungary: Monetary Easing To Be Moderate. // Emerging Markets Monitor;11/29/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 32, p12
Reports on the decision of the National Bank of Hungary to cut interest rates in 2004. Factors that influenced the decision of the bank; Decrease in Hungary's inflation rate from May to September 2004; Forecast on account deficit for 2004.
- Hungary keeps main rate at record low. // Regional Today;11/26/2014, p1
The article discusses the unchanged interest rate of National Bank of Hungary, and reports about the fall in consumer prices, and inflation rate, in October 2014.
- MNB to cut 20 bp, may not stop easing at 3%, says City. // Hungary A.M.;11/26/2013, p2
The article presents the views of economists/analysts regarding the imminent interest rate cut of another 20 base point (bp) and policy rate below three percent to be undertaken by Magyar Nemzeti Bank (MNB), the central bank of Hungary, including JP Morgan, Royal Bank of Scotland, and Barclays.
- Hungary rate-setters continue easing cycle. // Hungary A.M.;03/27/2013, p1
The article reports on the decision of the Monetary Council of the National Bank of Hungary to reduce the interest rate of central bank by 25 basis points to 5 percent due to poor outlook for both inflation and the real economy as of March 2013.
- Hungary cuts key rate to record low 3%. // Regional Today;12/18/2013, p2
The article reports on the decision of the National Bank of Hungary to lower its interest rate due to the slow down of inflation and the initiative of the government to lower utility prices further, as of December 2013.