RISK SUMMARY: LATVIA
- RISK SUMMARY. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;
The article presents an overview of the political, economic and business risks for Latvia in 2012, including the possible adverse impact of the development of the Russian port of Ust-Luga to the operation of the Port of Ventspils in Latvia.
- LATVIA. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Russia, Ukraine & Baltics;Jun2004, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p7
This article presents statistical information on economic and political conditions of Latvia. Russian ethnic minorities have seized the occasion of Latvia's accession to the EU to protest against a perceived failure of the government to protect their social and cultural rights. Latvia continues...
- RISK SUMMARY: LATVIA. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jul2008, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p11
The article provides a summary of the political, economic and business risk ratings for Latvia s of June 2008. According to the Latvian Central Election Committee, over 149,064 of the required signatures have been collected in support of a bill which will raise the state pension. Supporters of...
- Surprise Election Result Bodes Well For Reforms. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Dec2010, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p12
The article focuses on the views of Business Monitor International Ltd. regarding the additional parliamentary term for the Unity coalition in Latvia. It states that the parliamentary election in Latvia on October 2, 2010 gave the Unity its additional term with the total percent of votes of...
- EC mission recommends Latvia speed up reforms. Interfax // Russia & CIS Energy Newswire;11/11/2013, p1
RIGA. Nov 11 (Interfax/BNS) - Latvia's development has been generally positive following the conclusion of the international financial support program, but the rate at which reforms are carried out should be sped up.
- RISK SUMMARY: LATVIA. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jan2009, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p11
The article presents a risk summary of the political, economic and business conditions in Latvia as of January 2009. The short-term political risk rating was reduced to 77.7 as a result of the increasing problem of unemployment and the effect of the global economic crisis. It notes that the...
- Country Risk Summary: LATVIA. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Russia, Ukraine & Baltics;Jan2005, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p7
The article presents a country risk summary for Latvia as of January 2005. It reports that the country's short-term political rating remained steady in December 2004. The factors that will have an impact on economic development are mentioned. An overview of the market condition for businesses...
- RISK SUMMARY. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Dec2005, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p11
Presents updates on political and economic risks in Latvia in 2005. Resignation of Interior Minister Eriks Jekabsons of the Latvia First Party in October 2005; Increase in commercial banks that offer loans to residents; Increase in construction costs in the country for the third quarter of 2005.
- Country Risk Summary: LATVIA. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Russia, CIS & Baltics Monitor;Nov2002, Vol. 6 Issue 11, p11
Summarizes various risks facing Latvia as of November 2002. Impact of the formation of a possible coalition government on its powers to check corruption in the country; Economic risks facing the country; Progress of privatization and restructuring in the country.