Surging Growth Fuels Hard Landing Fears
- Country Intelligence: Report: Latvia. // Latvia Country Monitor;Jun2013, p1
A report on the economic condition of Latvia as of June 2013 is presented. It offers an outlook on the country's economic structure, economic growth and exchange rates. It mentions the fall of the country's general government budget deficit to 1.2% of gross domestic product (GDP) in 2012. It...
- Reasons To Be Hopeful. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jan2008, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p11
The article presents an economic outlook for Latvia. It suggests that policy efforts should combine with emerging cyclical constraints to drive real GDP growth progressively lower in 2008-2009. The economy grew by 11.1% y-o-y in third quarter 2007. It reveals that the economy can be headed for a...
- Economy to Pick up in 2004. // Investment Management Weekly;12/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 49, p1
Reports on the forecast of the Conference Board on U.S. economic growth in the year 2004. Projected gross domestic product growth; Expected increase in worker productivity.
- Ratings Could Be Cut. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Apr2007, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p11
The article forecasts the economic conditions in Latvia for 2007. It mentions that the country's foreign borrowing to cover external imbalances has translated into massive gross external debt, which is now excess of 100% of gross domestic product. Inflation remains the key problem for the...
- IMF Expresses Doubts About Anti-Inflation Plan. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jun2007, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p11
The article presents an economic forecast for Latvia from 2007 and 2008. The International Monetary Fund warns that the export sector could suffer from uncontrolled trade imbalances due to the overheating domestic economy and high inflation rate. The plan of the government to reduce inflation...
- Consumption-Led Boom Continues For Now. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jul2007, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p11
The article presents an economic outlook for Latvia in 2007. According to a flash estimate from the Central Statistical Bureau, real gross domestic product grew by 10.7 percent year-on-year. It is stated that consumer spending continues to be supported by strong wage growth, rising employment...
- Latvian Trade Gap Grows. // Emerging Markets Monitor;11/17/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 30, p15
Presents information on the economic situation in Latvia as of November 2003. Rise in foreign trade deficit in the first nine months of 2003; Forecasted year-on-year GDP growth in 2003; Selected economic indicators.
- Latvia Announces ERM-2 Central Parity. // Emerging Markets Monitor;12/8/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 33, p14
Reports on the announcement by the Latvian Minister of Economics Juris Lujans regarding the Baltic state's entry into ERM-2 on January 2005 at a central parity around LVL0.6400-0.6500/EUR. Issue of currency stability; Forecast on the GDP budget deficit and inflation.
- External Deficit Continues To Grow. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;May2006, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p11
Presents an economic outlook for Latvia for 2006 and 2007. Factors that resulted to high inflation rate and account deficit; Rise of 34% in exports in local currency terms in 2005; Forecast on the state's modest declines in account deficit to 11.3% of gross domestic product in 2006 and around...