Public Finances Finally Under Control?
- CZECH ECONOMY-THE WORLD'S TOP PERFORMER. // Czech Business & Trade;2008, Issue 05/06, p7
The article examines the growing economy of Czech Republic. According to the transformation index figures, the country has improved its position by two places overtaking Slovenia and Estonia. Its economy is fully integrated in international structures and is growing steadily. However, health and...
- Budget Challenge. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Oct2005, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p1
In a relatively strongly performing economy, consolidation and structural reform of the public finances is the government's main economic challenge. BMI View: Reining in the budget deficit to the level required for euro adoption is the primary objective over the forecast horizon, but substantial...
- ECONOMIC LANDSCAPE. // Czech Republic Country Profile;2012, p40
This article discusses the economic conditions of Czech Republic. During the 1990s, the Czech economy performed well, driven by rapid economic reform initiatives. It was severely impacted by the global downturn during the early 2000s, prompting the government to shift to a policy of fiscal...
- Social Transfers and Their Effect in the Transformation Period. Sirovatka, Tomas // Eastern European Economics;Nov/Dec2000, Vol. 38 Issue 6, p69
Evaluates the effects of changes in the social welfare system of the Czech Republic. Development of a policy to provide for unemployment compensation; Efficiency of the redistribution of resources according to income level; Reduction of costs associated with the social insurance system.
- BMI FORECAST SCENARIO. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe;Nov2002, Vol. 9 Issue 11, p8
Reports on the developments in the Czech Republic's economy as of November 2002. Economic growth forecasted by the Czech Finance Ministry for 2003; Year on Year industrial output growth of the country as of August 2002; Economic implications of the rise in unemployment and damages caused by the...
- Czech Republic. // OECD Economic Outlook;Dec99, Vol. 1999 Issue 2, p79
Reports on economic developments in Czech Republic in 1999. Signs of recovery; Demand, output and prices; Rise in unemployment; Decrease in inflation; Projections for 2000 and 2001.
- Czech Q3 economy contracts less than estimated. // Regional Today;12/5/2013, p1
The article reports on a data showing that the economy of Czech performed well in the third quarter of 2013 than expected, which decline by only 0.1%.
- Nothing much holding back growth in '03, but deficit remains a worry. // Prague Business Journal;12/16/2002, Vol. 7 Issue 48, p15
Presents economic forecasts on the Czech Republic for 2003. Four external factors that suppressed the economy in 2002; Side effect of the global recession; Anomaly of negative interest rate and inflation differentials; Importance of the year for the economy from the point of view of preparation...
- Country Risk Summary: CZECH REPUBLIC. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe;Oct2003, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p6
The ruling Social Democrat (CSSD)-led coalition in Czech Republic has in effect lost its one-seat majority in parliament, after CSSD deputy Josef Hojdar left the parliamentary party in July in protest at the government's fiscal reform plans. The price for the government's survival during the...